Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Another Suburban furnace question

I have been running the furnace overnight to keep the tanks from freezing. Since it was getting down to 15 degrees each night, cold air vaporization occurred and I had to reset the furnace a couple times by turning the switch to off and then back on again.
Today, I again tried to reset it, but nothing happened. At this time, the blower is not even coming on and the only clicks I hear are from the thermostat. It acts as if there is a blown fuse, but I have searched everywhere and have been unable to find one.
Does anybody know if this is fused? If so, where do I find it?
Any suggestions as to what could be causing it not to start?
vegas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Yes, there will be a fuse for the furnace. Not knowing what kind of RV, it's hard to guess where. Also, some furnaces have a circuit breaker with a small reset button inside the furnace. Access is thru the outside panel. And some have a reset button on the circuit board.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 07:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

2012 Itasca Suncruiser. 40,000 Btu Suburban furnace
Old 04-08-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Here is the manual. Look at page 6-11
http://winnebagoind.com/resources/ma...Suncruiser.pdf

TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 04-08-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I did check the fuse panel in the outside compartment as the manual shows, but they are all labeled for the slide-out Rams and awning. There is also another fuse panel below the front of the bed, but they are labeled for the retractable bed and lamps.
I called Winnebago in Forest City and spoke with a service advisor. He told me that the furnace is not fused, and directed me to unplug the thermostat connector to do a "hard boot."
Well I tried to do that which was a nightmare in itself. The thermostat bundle felt like it was pulled to the floor during manufacture, preventing me from reaching the plug. After removing the inverter panel and the triple wall plate switch, I can see that the thermostat bundle was all wrapped around a bunch of other wire bundles. I was barely able to reach the plug and hoping I didn't drop it down the wall during the disconnect. Well after performing this disconnect and re-connect, it did not solve the problem. (Still no response from the furnace)
Tomorrow I will access the furnace and start checking voltage. Maybe I will even remove the systems one place panel and untangle the thermostat bundle in the event the unit needs replacement.
Old 04-08-2016, 09:56 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

vegas1, Looking at some old and some new wiring diagrams. Looks like on the House 12V Circuit Breaker Panel the breaker labeled EXH FANS wire JB is the 12VDC source of the furnace.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

GRTHARRIS: I could not find any fuses labeled Ex fans. I did reset every 12v fuse I can find, but still nothing. I do have three powered roof fans and all function properly. I'm gonna take it back to the selling dealer on Wedesday and have them fix it. It has to go back anyway to correct an issue with the ABS light on. Thank you for your assistance, I really appreciate it!
Old 04-09-2016, 05:23 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Would be nice if Winnebago would give us back all of the missing schematics that they eliminated starting in 2010. Makes problems like this one very hard to find.

Rick Y
Old 04-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Another Suburban furnace question

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas1 View Post

I called Winnebago in Forest City and spoke with a service advisor. He told me that the furnace is not fused, and directed me to unplug the thermostat connector to do a "hard boot."

Sorry your service advisor gave you that line. It is possible but the RVIA. Low voltage electrical standards require that every low voltage device be protected by a fuse or circuit breaker. And that protection be at the source protecting the wiring.

Obviously since you don't have any 12vdc power, there is a fuse, circuit breaker, or bad connection somewhere in the circuit.

TravellingRVDoctor, LLC
Old 04-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

vegas1, here is the panel and wire I was referring to.
JB / 14 YEL OVERCURRENT PROTECTION (15A FUSE/BREAKER TYPICAL) FURNACE, ROOF VENT,ETC (REF JM)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012 37F Furance 12vdc.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	123616  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 04:01 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Thank you very much Grant- This is what I am looking for, but I am unable to read the text, even with a strong magnifying glass. Would you be so kind as to e-mail the attachment to me at - [email protected]?
Old 04-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

UPDATE

To make a very long story short, I replaced the ignition fan control module and it is now working as it should. Thank you all for your assistance!

Bill

Tags
furnace, ace