Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2017, 06:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynforpar View Post
Thanks for all the responses and well wishes. After a few days of sulking I decided to bite the bullet and travel to Forest City and have Winnebago make the necessary repairs. Going on a first come first served basis schedule so hopefully I don't have to wait very long to be seen.
Be sure to report back as this will help many.

Busskipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
I don't have a slide or an awning on my moho. Ordered it that way. Don't have the hassles either. They are a PIA. good luck

Old 07-19-2017, 07:28 AM   #17

Quote:
Thanks for all the responses and well wishes. After a few days of sulking I decided to bite the bullet and travel to Forest City and have Winnebago make the necessary repairs. Going on a first come first served basis schedule so hopefully I don't have to wait very long to be seen.
We stopped in Forrest City last week to have a couple items looked at we got in first thing the morning after arriving, work was done by 2pm.

We were very pleased with the experience. Even though we did not have an appointment it was painless.

Steve
Stevec4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:53 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I decided to bite the bullet and travel to Forest City and have Winnebago make the necessary repairs. .
Did you make it to Forest City yet and how are things going. Wishing you the best.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 05:08 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Summer ruined

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridakamper View Post
Did you make it to Forest City yet and how are things going. Wishing you the best.
Planning to leave Beginning of August.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 PM   #20
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Planning to leave Beginning of August.
I have an appointment on the 14th August. I'll look for your coach, if you're there at that time I'll say hello!

They have a handle on the Schwintek disaster, and will most likely replace your mechanisms with the new generation. I had my kitchen slide done as soon as I heard the 1st bad noise come out of it. It is probable they will do the fix for you for free, as good will. Here's hoping you leave Forest City as happy campers, (and stay that way).

Best regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:51 PM   #21

On my fourth Power Gear repair on our 2016 Vista LX 27N. Full Wall Slide "repaired" at Camping World in Tallahassee, Fl. Did not last long so since we we're headed to Seattle anyway we changed course for Forest City with a April 6th appointment. On the way our Dinette slide broke and our jacks kept leaking down at night. At the factory they repaired the full slide Camping World attempted to repair and replaced the two motors in the Dinette slide. They also replaced the two passenger side jacks that we're leaking. Told everything should not give us any more problems so off to Seattle.
Before we got to Seattle the Dinette slide came in crooked and pinned the tv to the wall and the jacks made so much popping noises at night that I had a neighbor at one park tell us it was keeping him up at night. Also we had our third check engine light since leaving Florida. I now have 7,000 miles on the coach and the Safe T Steer installed at the factory had made maybe a 40% improvement to the handling. Now in Seattle and Ford has done another software upgrade that I am told should solve the check engine . Ford also changed the oil and filter and only charged me $42 whereas Camping World charged $129 for the same service 6 months earlier. RV now sitting at Poulsbo RV in Kent, Wa waiting for parts. With only 2 days of warranty at least this will be no cost to me. Winnebago has authorized replacing both Slide motors, the slide controllers and the wiring harness. I have been told that they are replacing the hydraulics on the jacks. Once repaired it will go up for sale as I have no confidence in parts
that are no better than before
I have now purchased a one owner 2004 Itasca Horizon 40 AD with full service records and totally updated. Can't wait to take it back to Florida in October. In the end I hope others have had better luck with their Power Gear slides but I felt it was time to cut our losses and move on.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:44 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It's very unsettling that the consumer is basically held hostage by an industry that does not have the capability to manufacture reliable equipment nor do they have enough qualified service technicians. We invest in a lifestyle what we hope will enable us to see and appreciate this beautiful country. The cost of today's coaches are comparable to the purchasing upscale vacation homes. The dealers priority is basically take the money and run or take advantage of the consumer. Very sad.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:26 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
New liver gave her Graft Vs Host Disease and she died August 21, 2016.
Summer has not been good for us!!!
So sorry for your loss, that is really sad.
cdally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Frustration is an understatement of what Im feeling at this moment. We own a 2016 Winnebago Meridian and recently completed the first leg of a 7 week journey and both slides on the drivers side decided to fail. The kitchen slide is squeaking terribly and makes loud cracking sounds when its being retracted. The bedroom retracted on only one side and had to be manually pushed in so we could drive home. Every dealer that I called within 200 miles of our home said at least a 4 week wait just to evaluate it. This is the 2nd summer lost because of inferior workmanship. We live in New York and looking for any suggestions for a reputable service center that might be able to get me in sooner. Im willing to travel up to 5 hours or more if necessary.
Hi,
My wife and I have a new Spyder 29KS toyhauler. At last count there are 42 warranty issues. Its in shop now, again. Our dealer, Fretz RV in Souderton Pa has been excellent. Seems the problem is Winnebago. We have called Winnebago and have gotten some results by dealing with them
gjprace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #25
mre

Went to pick up our Coach Saturday for driver's side slide out repair after four weeks in the shop. I ask to test it at the dealer, the same issue still persisted. So it remains in the shop. I also had it in the shop over four weeks in May for the same problem. This ordeal plus many other issues now puts me at a 147 days and counting of being out of commission since purchase the end of February 2016.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:13 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Well I arrived at the Winnebago facility on Tuesday, August 2nd and looks like this will become a 2 week stay. They have over 100 sites on the property to hook up (electric only). I did not have an appointment so I was on their First Come First Served program. I registered at the service department and was told to check back on Wednesday at 2:30 to see if they had an opening. My rig went in for service on Thursday and I met with the technician at the end of the day. He informed me that both slides need to be completely rebuilt. He went on to say that in addition they are replacing the hot water heater, replacing part of the front suspension, replacing the retractable step and replacing the led lights on the awning. I asked him how much this will cost me and he said they are doing everything as Good Will. I almost fell on the floor. He indicated that even though the coach was out of the 12 month warranty, Winnebago looked at their records and saw that Camping World made several attempts to make these repairs and failed so Winnebago cannot fault the customer. They already replaced the bedroom slide components, new stair, new suspension pieces and new slide gaskets. I report back this coming Tuesday to see when they can complete the remainder of repairs. I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the outcome and the staff here at Winnebago are the nicest most professional I have ever met. I will continue to keep everyone posted.
Old 08-05-2017, 09:49 AM   #27

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
I cannot tell you how pleased I am with the outcome and the staff here at Winnebago are the nicest most professional I have ever met. I will continue to keep everyone posted.
I'm so happy to hear how the repairs are progressing for you. Stuff Happens, but the lengths a company will go to make things right for the customer speaks volumes. Personally, I'll soon be out of warranty. Camping World has made numerous repairs to my coach and like many, I wasn't impressed. In fact I'm worried. Hearing your experience makes me feel a little better. We're about to start a 6-8 week trip and I hold my breath every time I operate the slides.

Hope you're on the road soon. Bob
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:31 AM   #28
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That's super Tom! I figured they'd take care of ya!! (post#20)

If you're still around on the 14th, I look forward to seeing you there and conversing.

Best regards,
W.D.

Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote