RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2018, 05:18 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmpwalls View Post
Went on another trip. EVERYTHING went really well. THE A/C unit while driving is not sufficiently cold when driving ...anyone else have this issue?
If you're referring to the dash A/C, that's a common problem.
Many of us fire up the generator and run the coach A/C to keep things cool.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:18 AM   #16

Thank you...great idea. Glad to know it is not unusual.

tmpwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:31 AM   #17

We have the internet 30r. Our cab A/C wasn’t getting very cool also. Tmpwalls call Winnebago they have a recall on the cab A/C. Winnebago is on top of it.
Macvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 PM   #18

Thank you. So relieved...received the letter and have an appointment for repair.
tmpwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:56 PM   #19

Same here. New Intent 26m. The dash AC sucks. The vertical vents on the wobbly center section are worthless. There should be 2 more vents on top of the dash instead.

What is the recall/fix?
YGoHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:18 PM   #20

2018 INTENT 26m

We've had ours for about 5 weeks and have taken it out 3 times now. We LOVE it.
No issues. Everything works as it should. Some minor things like the overhead bunk pivot point needed some rubber to eliminate a terrible squeak, as well as the stove top. But everything else has been good.

Having had only short class C's (2001 Winnebago and 2015 Coachmen) this is a new world of luxury for us. Leveling jacks, 2 slides, a full walk around queen bed, outdoor kitchen, electric awning, etc. The new 6 speed transmission makes pulling my Wrangler a bit easier on the hills too.

I'm in the "camp" that believes the purpose of having an RV is to use it!
We usually camp one or two 3 night weekends a month, and also a 2 week road trip each year covering several thousand miles.

I've read many comments about how crappy the build quality and materials are, but I'm very pleased. I see no difference in either to my previous ones. There are some things that I question, like the underwhelming dash AC and the "pleather" seating. A rear bumper would be nice, as well as a spare tire.

I've already done the "CHF", added the Safety Steer and checked the alignment. Now it drives more like it should.

The jury is still out on the residential fridge. I understand that they seem to be the future, but I was furious at first because we were never told that it wasn't the standard 110/propane model.
Sure, like others, I've had issues with ignitors and replacing a mother board, but they were always plenty cold with rock hard ice cream in the freezer.
We camp at the beach or small, quiet campgrounds often. The Onan NOT-SO-QUIET generator is waaay too loud for that. I will NEVER be THAT guy that annoys the rest of the CG to keep my food cold...or worse yet, my cell phone charged.
I need to really use it more to determine if 2 more batteries or Solar, or both, is next on the list.
YGoHom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
I suggest you look at a Vista. We have been happy with ours. My wife loves the bunk over the front seats, the fit and finish is good and the price can be right. I’d probably go with a used ‘17 as it would be on a 6 speed chassis and have the better slide mechanism.
:what is the better Slide motors that your talking about? are they quieter? come in smoother or??
Peter
studesrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #22

Quote:
Well, I made the plunge...sure do hope I don't regret or have buyers remorse. We bought a 2018 Intent 30R. So far so good. I have not experience in motorhomes class A, but have loads of experience with our previous popup tent trailers. So for now I am feeling like I am living in luxury. I know it is the least expensive of the Winnebago Class A's and some are saying it isn't great for boon-docking because of the propane tanks? We took our first trip to Big Bear and had an amazing time and really loved the roominess. We are so used to setting up camp for the first hour or more. This took us us less than 20-30 minutes (2 people) with full hook-ups and that was because we had no idea what we were doing and forgot a part..beginners...the leveling jacks worked great.
:I think it is because of the Electric Fridge with no options, one would have to remove the electric Fridge at a cost then re-plumb it to propane, battery and electric so that way you have 3 way option, now you can boon dock, probably cost around $4000.00 to that work.
Peter
Old 11-04-2018, 07:42 PM   #23

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by studesrus View Post
:I think it is because of the Electric Fridge with no options, one would have to remove the electric Fridge at a cost then re-plumb it to propane, battery and electric so that way you have 3 way option, now you can boon dock, probably cost around $4000.00 to that work.
Peter
And do not forget about a roof vent for that burner....and You are looking at $6k all in..I'll keep my Sammy 18
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
We've had ours for about 5 weeks and have taken it out 3 times now. We LOVE it.
No issues. Everything works as it should. Some minor things like the overhead bunk pivot point needed some rubber to eliminate a terrible squeak, as well as the stove top. But everything else has been good.

Having had only short class C's (2001 Winnebago and 2015 Coachmen) this is a new world of luxury for us. Leveling jacks, 2 slides, a full walk around queen bed, outdoor kitchen, electric awning, etc. The new 6 speed transmission makes pulling my Wrangler a bit easier on the hills too.

I'm in the "camp" that believes the purpose of having an RV is to use it!
We usually camp one or two 3 night weekends a month, and also a 2 week road trip each year covering several thousand miles.

I've read many comments about how crappy the build quality and materials are, but I'm very pleased. I see no difference in either to my previous ones. There are some things that I question, like the underwhelming dash AC and the "pleather" seating. A rear bumper would be nice, as well as a spare tire.

I've already done the "CHF", added the Safety Steer and checked the alignment. Now it drives more like it should.

The jury is still out on the residential fridge. I understand that they seem to be the future, but I was furious at first because we were never told that it wasn't the standard 110/propane model.
Sure, like others, I've had issues with ignitors and replacing a mother board, but they were always plenty cold with rock hard ice cream in the freezer.
We camp at the beach or small, quiet campgrounds often. The Onan NOT-SO-QUIET generator is waaay too loud for that. I will NEVER be THAT guy that annoys the rest of the CG to keep my food cold...or worse yet, my cell phone charged.
I need to really use it more to determine if 2 more batteries or Solar, or both, is next on the list.
:lucky you don't live in Canada where were paying $6 for a gallon of gas and when we go on a trip we head for the USA as way cheaper there than up here, even your gas bill is about to go up to along with Diesel. I'm trying to go smaller with a 3.6L motor that gives me better MPG but the unit I'm looking at right now is a Leisure WONDER but it will be a 6 cyl. diesel not sure about them. Never had one so not sure if I want one. Then I read into it and they are actually a Mercedes 5cyl Diesel, does anyone know anything about these???
Peter
Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #25

Quote:
Thank you. So relieved...received the letter and have an appointment for repair.
Everyone is talking about the residential fridge. If you start looking at newer motorhomes the manufacturers are moving to residential refrigerators because of the size and the cost. Have a friend that just bought a Thor Diesel Pusher and it set them back 160,000. This motorhome has a double door residential fridge. Now a days with solor and battery Technology the fridges are works and they’re bigger too. Solor can be done a whole lot cheaper then replacing the fridge to a gas/ Electric fridge. When hooking up the solor connect it to the battery disconnect and it will charge the battery and run the coach at the same time.
Macvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #26

Cool How does your Intent drive/ride?

In March we purchased an Intent 31P--wanted the bunks for the grandsons; but son & da-in-law sleep there while GS sleep in over cab drop-down due to VERY small head clearance, as stated before by someone. We traded in Jayco class C Greyhawk--had the J-ride, which evidently spoiled us. Now we know we're talking apples & oranges, but,the ride in the Intent was really bad--lots of bouncing, jerking. On our first long distance trip (3hrs to beach on Flat roads), DH declared that he wasn't doing that again. And yes, we did the trial drive/ride before purchase, but the struggle to drive to keep the steering wheel from trying to lurch, was too much. So, we had the dealer check the chassis components, said everything was OK; so we had them add: Sumo Springs in the front & rear, rear track bar, & a Steering Control bar, to the tune of $4.6 G. It rides much, much better. But if we realized this before the purchase, we probably wouldn't have bought it, maybe, but it was what we could afford. However, it does add much more living space than we had in the Jayco Greyhawk: the driver/passenger chairs swivel, & it has much more floor space which is great for the 7 of us. Anyone else have this issue? (Oh, and the Intent does have an automatic leveler, for someone else's comment.)
ckwcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #27

ckwcw, You paid $4600 for that suspension mods? I don't want to make you feel worse, but that is way, way high for what you had done.

Anyway, we have spoken to several Jayco class A J-ride owners and they all have had to perform the same suspension mods that other class A F53 chassis owners are doing. I think the difference you are seeing is because you used to be driving an apple and are now driving an orange. :-)
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:52 AM   #28

We have the same air condition problem, until we got the recall done on the evaporator. Now it seems to be working better.

RebeccaRiedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago