Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
My first Voyager monitor went bad after very little use. It was changed out under warrenty. Now the new Voyager monitor just went bad after one short trip, (less than 5 hours running time). It works for about 15 minutes and then goes black. If I shut off the power for a few minutes I can then turn the monitor back on for another 15 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem? Whats the cure?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
My first Voyager monitor went bad after very little use. It was changed out under warrenty. Now the new Voyager monitor just went bad after one short trip, (less than 5 hours running time). It works for about 15 minutes and then goes black. If I shut off the power for a few minutes I can then turn the monitor back on for another 15 minutes. Has anyone else had this problem? Whats the cure?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 AM   #3

Sammie, My experience with the Voyager is very similar to yours. First monitor died after less than 15 hours of use. Winnebago Customer Service very graciously replaced it as a "good will" gesture as it was out of warranty by 2 months. Second monitor is still working good but only have about 10 hours on it but I don't have any confidence in the product.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM   #4

Mine has been trouble-free since day one. I have it on all the time when driving and we've logged over 12,000 miles. Just lucky?
Chas
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #5

My B/W monitor works fine too. I keep it on while driving. Turns on and off with the engine. We have over 13,000 miles in our Sightseer.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations.

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote