RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2017, 04:52 PM   #1

Aspect/Cambria help with overhang measurement

Hi from Australia, we are looking into buying a 2014/2015 Winnebago Aspect 30j or Itasca Cambria 30j and importing it into Australia. One of the strict requirements in Australia is the rear overhang.
I tried contacting Winnebago by email but no luck there so I was wondering if someone here would be able to measure the wheel base (axle centre line front to rear) and rear overhang (rear axle centre line to the most rear point of RV)
I know the specs say 220in wheel base but the actual wheel base needs to be measured to comply.
Story for the long winded post. Any help very much appreciated.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1089.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	153506  

Bowdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2017, 06:46 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I had a 2011 Cambria 30c before I got the current coach. It was a great vehicle it just turned out too small for what we wanted to use it for. So we went for an Sunova. I am sure someone will be able to give you exact measurement but this may help in the mean time. The way i understand is that in Australia the overhang cannot be more than the lessor of 60% of the wheelbase or 3.7 meters (145.6 inches). Therefore the overhang for a 220 inch wheelbase can not be more than 132 inches. On the Ford websitehttp://www.ford.com/commercial-trucks/e-series-cutaway/2017/models/e350-cutaway-srw/ the E-450 cutaways have a front overhang of 34.6 inches. I don't think there is much difference between the 2015 and 2017 model year but there maybe. The overall length of the Cambria is 32'4" (388") So the way I look at it 388 (length) - 220 (wheel base) - 34.6 (front overhang) = 133.4" or 1.4" over the allowed length. If you run the same formula for the 27K you are 1.6"under the maximum length. Too close for comfort. I would get the official number from Winnebago. Hope this helps.

Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:22 AM   #3

Thanks Robmat for the info, I knew it was close, looks like past close. You are correct on the 60% 3.7m rule.
I measured a 2011 Forest River Lexington 295 out here and the WB measured 214 inches, the advertised WB is 212 inches so I am wondering if the advertised wheel base for the Winne is correct. Only way to know for sure is with a tape measure.
Old 03-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
FYI, you could reduce the ROH about 3 inches by removing the rear bumper, it is just held on by fasteners. Perhaps you could remove it until you pass the inspection then put it back on later.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 06:25 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bowdo, One thought is to reach out to Lichtsinn Motors Contact Us in Forest City, IA. I have gotten parts from them and last summer had to stop by for a minor repair when the Winnebago factory repair was booked up. They are a customer friendly dealer that goes out of it's way to help. As they are the number one Winnebago dealer in the USA located a mile from the factory they have access to a lot more than most dealers. They ship parts worldwide and if you email them (using the contact link) they should be more than accommodating in getting the information. They didn't care that I bought my Coach somewhere else they treated me like I bought it from them.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 02:55 PM   #6

Thanks again Robmat. Good suggestion I'll give them ago. Will let you know outcome.