Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2017, 05:20 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Basement air 2nd compressor

Been checking my basement AC and am not sure if the 2nd compressor is running...when I turn on the AC the 1st compressor starts up and peaks at about 26 amps and settles down to around 12 or 13 amps...after a minute or so the outdoor fan shuts off and then the second compressor should fire up...again the amps peak at about 26 or so and then settles down to 18 or 19...the outdoor fan continues to run...if I turn off the breaker to the second compressor the amps drop back to 12 or 13....I believe with both compressors running I should see about 23 amps or so...
I am getting about 20 degrees difference between the input and output at the AC registers....maybe just chasing my tail
I am checking the amps reading while running the generator...
any thoughts?

Thanks!
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2017, 06:17 PM   #2

Quick check is if both capacitors are working
Open the access panel and check if the contacts are burnt or not.
twocoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:52 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twocoots View Post
Quick check is if both capacitors are working
Open the access panel and check if the contacts are burnt or not.
Thanks...I measured both the start/run capacitors for both compressors and they are all in spec...
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:43 PM   #4

I know very little about RV specific a/c, but have been a HVAC service tech for 25 years. If it were mine, knowing what I know, and I had 20F between supply and return; I'd call it good. Nominal design is 20F in S&B AC.
Matfam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #5

I believe the second compressor runs on the second generator circuit which does not register on the amp draw meter in the Moho.
I think it's working, but verify when plugged in
Old 04-11-2017, 12:39 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
MutinyGuy, sounds like it is working like it should, with both compressors working, it will pull about 23-24 amps.

Tags
compressor