Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 09:57 PM   #1

Basement air repairs

Finally got the only shop in my area that works on basement air to work on the unit. They removed it and I took the coach back home: 3 days. Now they are looking for a new compressor (#1). Any thoughts out there for a source? I'm told since they stopped making the units 2 years ago, parts are getting hard to find. The weather is great, we are still camping, using the gas furnace on cool mornings. Man, that thing is noisy.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #2

RVP (Mfr) 316-832-4357/3468; or Lichtsinn 800-343-6255. Have Model Nr & Serial Nr of basement air unit available. RVP re-started making the units again, but with R-410, and only compatible with 50 Amp service . Parts still available.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:28 AM   #3

Basement air repairs

Thanks. I thought parts were still available, and had read on this site about the new 50-amp units, but sometimes its more politic not to shoot down the repair guy, at least until he proves himself as not reliable.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #4

Our local AC guy didn't want to take the time to locate parts so we made an agreement.

I found and purchased a new exact replacement compressor from here:

BestBuyHeatingAndAirConditioning.com?

Delivery was timely, rest of installation went well.

Good Luck
Old 09-22-2011, 09:32 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Like many other Winnie owners, I had a roof air installed to supplement my inadequate basement air! It's the best thing I ever did!

Many posts about this over in the Winnebago forum at RVForum.net
Old 09-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
We have an ultimate ; Being carefull about where we park and keep the shades drawn on the sunny side The basement air has perfurmed Well Altho they claim 10 degree drop It seems we were more in the 17 + degree drop; Keep the doors closed; keep the windows closed; keep the Vents closed; We try to park in/near a shade spot; It will perform. very well, If you say well we need fresh air and open a window and run a vent fan; IT WILL NOT WORK; Life is good.

Tags
repairs