Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 PM   #1

Bedroom TV Replacement Adventurer 38t

Any 2006-2008 38t owners upgrade their old crt TV in the rear bedroom above closet? how the heck do you get the old TV out without destroying cabinet? looks like all side trim has to be removed then the metal strap around TV? but I cant see where the bolts go through to bottom of cabinet. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I had two mobile RV repair guys look at it and both declined to tackle the job, for fear they would damage cabinet
Milom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Bedroom TV

Milom, TV was secured with face frame p/n 151954 and mounting brackets to the bottom of the TV. Looks like there are 2 bolts coming up from the bottom that screw into the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	38T TV_1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	72901   Click image for larger version

Name:	38T TV_2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	72902  

Name:	38T TV_3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	72903  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #3

My bedroom TV is in a cabinet in the corner ... it was attached to the door by an aluminum frame that was covered by wooden cabinetry ... the TV was mounted on a sloping shelf and held in place by a metal strap over the top ... does this sound anything like your rig.

If it does ... loosen the two bolts that tighten the metal strap ... one is easy ... one you have to remove the drawer below and do a little blind turning with a socket to get it loose. The TV will still be difficult to remove because there is a very thick and rigid plastic strip that is stapled to the back of the wood cabinetry and holds the TV down ... you need to pry that plastic strip up and walk the TV through the opening ... you need two people ... the TV is heavy and you have cables and cords that must be disconnected ... we used a tall plant stand to set the TV on while disconnecting ...

I am sure my rig is not exactly like yours ... I am hopeful this helps

former owner 2004 Winnebago Journey 39W
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:27 PM   #4

thanks for the tips, now I have a better idea of what's behind and how its constructed.
Milo
Milom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:08 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milom View Post
Any 2006-2008 38t owners upgrade their old crt TV in the rear bedroom above closet? how the heck do you get the old TV out without destroying cabinet? looks like all side trim has to be removed then the metal strap around TV? but I cant see where the bolts go through to bottom of cabinet. Any help or advice would be appreciated. I had two mobile RV repair guys look at it and both declined to tackle the job, for fear they would damage cabinet
I opened the bottom double door cabinet and removed the TV by first pulling out the screws from the bottom. Once out old TV is out what to do? I measured the opening and ordered a new cabinet door with hinges. Got some thin finish plywood and fixed up the inside of the cabinet. Bought a Vizio 22" TV. Measured where to cut the "new" door for the TV outlets and mounting screws. Stained ever thing to sort of match. Mounted the door with the hinges and installed a knob and a holding bracket. Here is a couple of pictures of my work. Added bonus you get an extra storage space with this idea.
PS: If have not done the front TV I included another picture of my Front TV.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	New Bedroom TV - Vizio.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	247.2 KB
ID:	73115   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Bedroom TV = Storage.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	214.1 KB
ID:	73116  

Name:	New MH TV  (1).jpg