Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #1
KBC

Winnebago Owners Club
Question Broken Bolt on right rear full slideout....

Hello ALL,

Well, I have a broken bolt on the right rear slideout, and of course, it's eating linoleum. It will continue to do so, until I can find a patch, until I get to Spokane, where I can then get it repaired.
There has been discussions on this matter for years, it seems. I tried to reply to a thread, and was unable, because it was a year or more old.
We were looking to replace the wax dulled linoleum anyway, but wasn't expecting the unexpected broken bolt issue.
If anyone knows of a patch, and I know their is but one really, that is to repair it. But, I have seen several post on temporary fixes on the 2008 Winniebago Destination 39W. It is an 2007 UFO Chassis,8.1L, Rear Engine Gas Pusher.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a patch, it would be helpful. As I stated, I know the solution. I'm on the way to visit mt step son in Spokane. There, I can have it repaired, and a nice warm bed to sleep in at no cost.....

Thanking all in advance.
KBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not sure what bolt you are talking about. 3 of the 6 bolts supporting the "rams" on my 39W sheared off. They had to be drilled out and replaced with grade 8 bolts to fix. The rear corner of the slide dropped about 2".

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:38 PM   #3

Are we talking about one of the vertical bolts? If so, can it not be pulled out and replaced with a bolt going through both the floor and into the slide mount where it's supposed to be attached?

If so and it's been allowed to wollow the floor bolt hole out, you may need to add a large washer to the top floor side in order to re-secure it.

DTW
Dtwallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:47 AM   #4
KBC

Winnebago Owners Club
Unhappy RE: Broken Bolts.....After reading your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Not sure what bolt you are talking about. 3 of the 6 bolts supporting the "rams" on my 39W sheared off. They had to be drilled out and replaced with grade 8 bolts to fix. The rear corner of the slide dropped about 2".
After reading your post, I decided to take a second look. I am talking about the 6 bolts that support the RAM Slides.....New finding....Both on the middle RAM are sheared, and 1 on the rear RAM is absolutely sheared and leaning from weight to the right.....It's just a matter of time seemingly, before the last bolt on the rear shears as well. In the mean time, I just pray that I make it to a shop in Spokane.

As for the 2 inch drop, mine did the same thing. Took it to Giant RV about 8 months ago, when I was in Murietta, Ca.....They fixed it really quick that day! Or did they, NO....they simply adjusted it to remove the 2" drop...Stupid me, I just didn't know better at the time.....Thank you for the response......
KBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The nuts are welded on the top of the frame with no access. The shop had to drill them out from the bottom with almost no access. Get ready for a large repair bill, it took 12 labor hours to fix mine. I was lucky, my "extended" warranty covered mine minus the deductible.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slideout