Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2011, 09:46 AM   #1

Broken door hinge

On my 2007 Itasca Sunrise, one of the brass bathroom door hinge springs broke yesterday. I hope that I am describing this correctly as the springs hold the door open for privacey in the rear of the MH and fit on the door hinges. My question is, has anyone had a similar problem and if so, where were they able to find a replacement spring. All I can ever recall seeing when looking for small springs were colored black not brass.

1oldbanker
1oldbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
Let me take a stab at this one, as I think maybe yours is the same as our 35U was and our present 35L . If when your bathroom door is full open it will come in contact with the wall edge on the other side. On our 35U I put a small piece of Velcro about one inch long at the bottom of the door and the other piece on the lower wall so the two would contact and hold the door in that position. On the 35L I did the same thing only I used 2 pieces of magnetic tape about 2 inches long. The Velcro or the Magnetic tape can be placed any place from top to bottom of the door. I put it at the bottom as it seems less visible.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:05 AM   #3

I know that I can find Velcro just about anyplace but where did you find the magnetic tape? I also like that idea.

1oldbanker
1oldbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:34 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldbanker View Post
I know that I can find Velcro just about anyplace but where did you find the magnetic tape? I also like that idea.

1oldbanker
You can find the magnetic tape at most hobby and craft shops. You will need a strip of A & B strips. Check first to see if the door hit square against the wall as the strip is very thin and requires a good contact area of the A & B strips. I like the Velcro the best of the two.
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1oldbanker View Post
On my 2007 Itasca Sunrise, one of the brass bathroom door hinge springs broke yesterday. I hope that I am describing this correctly as the springs hold the door open for privacey in the rear of the MH and fit on the door hinges. My question is, has anyone had a similar problem and if so, where were they able to find a replacement spring. All I can ever recall seeing when looking for small springs were colored black not brass.

1oldbanker
The spring hinge on my Suncruiser broke last year. I ordered a replacement from Lichthin's and put it in last week. Easy and not much $$.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have had to replace several of those springs over the last seven years. I remove the broken spring and replace it with a spring from a new hinge. That way I get two for one.
Each time I go to the factory I pick up an extra hinge so as to have one or two on hand.