Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #1

While washing my 2005 Sightseer 29R last night I noticed what appeared to be bumps in the fiberglass skin. There are about 6 or 7 bumps abut the size of a nickel located to the rear of the drivers side mirror and just below the window. I didn't notice them before but it's possible I over looked them and the light was just right to make them visible. Another possibility is I have a leak and water is causing the lumps to form. I called my dealer today and they said bring it in and they will look at it but we are going away on Friday so it will be a few weeks till I can get it into the dealer.

Does anyone have experience with something like this on their rig and know what caused it. I'll still take it to the dealer when I can but if it is cosmetic then I won't worry about it but if it's caused by a leak then I need to get the leak stopped ASAP.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 PM   #2

While washing my 2005 Sightseer 29R last night I noticed what appeared to be bumps in the fiberglass skin. There are about 6 or 7 bumps abut the size of a nickel located to the rear of the drivers side mirror and just below the window. I didn't notice them before but it's possible I over looked them and the light was just right to make them visible. Another possibility is I have a leak and water is causing the lumps to form. I called my dealer today and they said bring it in and they will look at it but we are going away on Friday so it will be a few weeks till I can get it into the dealer.

Does anyone have experience with something like this on their rig and know what caused it. I'll still take it to the dealer when I can but if it is cosmetic then I won't worry about it but if it's caused by a leak then I need to get the leak stopped ASAP.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #3

We had what might be the same thing on our Tiffin Allegro Bus. We took it back to the factory and they said it was bad fiberglass and they will be replacing the entire exterior side wall.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #4

My 2000 Adventurer had pieces of gelcoat about 1/8 to 1/4 inch in diameter pop off the sidewalls. They were scattered all over the rig, and the problem was common to a batch of fiberglass used in the Spring of 2000. The ultimate solution was to return the RV to the factory in Forest City, where both sidewalls were replaced. Hope this isn't your problem, but if it is Winnebago should fix it properly.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:47 AM   #5

Before you leave call Winnie Customer Service, make them aware of the problem, Document the call. Don't just leave your problem to the dealer...Have a safe trip
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote