Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Tech | Toys and Gear
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2010, 06:24 AM   #41
Winnie-Wise

After talking with other campers we decided against getting a CB. Others basically said that they just gather dust in a short time and that a CB is useful for learning new cuss words and that is about it. That's not what we were looking for. Joe
Old 05-23-2010, 06:53 AM   #42
Winnie-Wise

If your SWR is that high I would just adjust the antenna and you should be fine. The SWR has to be 1.5 or lower. Would you do is set the CB to channel 19 or 20 and then get to antenna and adjust collar on antenna and then press the transmit button on mic and see what meter says. If it goes higher turn collar other way.

I have the stock antenna with cobra CB and my SWR is 1.5 and the CB works fine. I wouldn't invest into another antenna but that is my opinion.

Hope this helps.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #43
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloafer View Post
After talking with other campers we decided against getting a CB. Others basically said that they just gather dust in a short time and that a CB is useful for learning new cuss words and that is about it. That's not what we were looking for. Joe
I disagree with the other campers, sort of. I rarely use ours, esp to transmit, but it has been very handy on several occasions to avoid a major interstate shutdown. It has also come in handy a couple of times when I didn't know which route to take and truckers helped me out. JMHO.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #44
Winnie-Wise

Like I said, I carry the CB in the truck and can put it on is a few minutes. I have not had any use for it.

ken
Old 04-26-2021, 06:39 PM   #45
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiddleb View Post
Second vote for left footrest area.

On mine, I had to pull the carpet back a bit, revealing a slanted metal plate for the foot rest.

Unscrewing that opened up a 'pit' of cables, among which was the CB connections wrapped in plastic.

Look for the antenna cable and connector... that big silver coax cable screw-on is the easiest one to spot.
I know this is an old thread. But it was very useful! I spent a long time looking for my CB Prep on my 02 Ultimate Advantage 40E. I looked right where you said. There it was! So thank you.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:18 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

I had one once upon a time but I broke my 19ers after Burt Reynolds died. Guess I will just have to catch youall on the flipside.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:13 AM   #47
Veteran RV Owner

My setup is a Cobra 29LX with a Firestik NGP (No Ground Plane) antenna. My coach had power prewired under the dash for a CB, no pre-wire was installed by Winnebago for the antenna. My installer ran the antenna wire from under the dash up the left hand window column (behind the plastic) to a location on the left side of the coach just above the drivers side window. The antenna was mounted so about 2/3 of the antenna sticks above the roofline (per Firestik installation instructions).
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote