Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

As I've said before, The F53/V-10 is an 11-ton truck so it performs like one. I had an '85 E350 Class C with a 460 and it was the biggest pile of merde I ever owned, and that includes a Rover 2000TC and two Renaults.

I'm happy with the 02 V-10. Sure it revs higher than a stone-age pushrod V8, but I get a bit over 8 mpg with a 32' Class A compared to 5 mpg with our previous 26' Class C (and that was on a good day with wind and tide behind us).
Old 02-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
This is not meant to upset anyone.. Just the facts;; On a caravan in/To Alaska, We had diesel/ Chev/Ford; On mileage the V10 did the poorst mileage 6/7 Mpg. Going up the hills we would have to wait for the ford, The chev, Pulled with the diesels; The diesels run 9/10 MPG. Chev/Wh. 8/9 mpg.. This was over a 3000 + mile trip; These are the facts that were compiled on the trip; Buy what you want they are all good; You are paying for it;; Life is good;
I must say I wonder about your facts of life. We've had 3 gassers and two DPs.
Our 2004 Journey 39W Cat C7 got 8.3 mpg overall. Our 2006 HR Ambassador ISC got 7.6 mpg (but it was about 5000 lbs heavier going down the road). Our first MH was a 2000 Triple E Commander Class A V10 and it got 9 and often 9+ but no toad. Fourth unit was a 2007 Kodiak 8.1L Average 7.6 with toad - up to 8.5 or more driving NO MORE than 55 mph and no toad. With a headwind 6.0 on some occasions. Noise?? Well, the Kodiak was every bit as noisy as our first MH and our current E450.

Now we have a V10 in a Class C and with toad getting around 9.0 driving at 60 mph max (less than 2,000 miles on it so maybe it will improve).

I have to say that I never encountered any 8.1 gassers that could run with our two DPs - especially uphill. The fallacy in many of the statements found on this forum and others is that someone's 8.1 or 6.8 is faster than DPs because they passed one once. Well, I've passed a lot of Corvettes in my Tahoe and now my Flex. To assert that the Tahoe and Flex are faster than a Vette is a load of baloney. Some people just don't drive fast - others driver too fast, and then there are those in the middle that observe the speed limit.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #23

As I stated In my prior post. There are some that will dissagree;; That is good. We need everyones opion to make the form work. And also I respect everyones opion; As I stated in the post the figures ou mileage were taken at fillup time, Waiting time at the top of the . Lake Watson pull; I These are only what happened on that trip;; We in our 8 motorhomes Have had Chev/ford/chry/And Cat. they all all good. It's just what you like. Life is good;;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote