Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">CDI Paint, Dave Nagle at 641-585-5900. His shop painted our coaches </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe that is true for 2004 and later. Prior to that, some were painted by CDI and some by Winnebago. My 2003 was one of the Winnebago paint jobs. I haven't yet heard anyone tell of them helping with paint repairs ...guess I'll find out!

Interesting that both the Winnebago painted coaches AND the CDI painted coaches have problems in the same areas...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #16

I talked with Dave Nagle with CDI. He siad that he would take care the clear coat peeling. That it would be under warranty. That's great.No hassel. He said for me to call him before I get to GNR. and he will set a day to do the work. In by morning and out by afternoon. Thank again to all

Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 PM   #17

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary CA:
Randy: Make one call to CDI Paint, Dave Nagle at 641-585-5900. His shop painted our coaches originally. I had the same problem and had it repainted in CA by a vender. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So let me get this straight. I have an '05 Journey with the peeling clear coat, all I have to do is call this number and he will set me up with someone to fix the problem? It has really been a sore spot for us as we try to keep the coach looking like new and find the clear coat peeling. We even had the Perma Plate process done when we first bought the coach.
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #18

Hi Mikeso: The answer is YES. Call Dave..
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #19

Wonder how many they have had to re-paint. I've talked to a local painter who says the clear coat should be sprayed on very shortly after the paint is. Does anyone know if CDI does repaint then spray the clear coat or just spray on some clear coat on top of everything that's already there? That seems like quite a job for "in by morning, out by evening". Doesn't seem possible they could sand off the old clear coat and paint, then re-paint, let dry, and new clear coat in one day. It would certainly be nice getting it done that fast though.
Wagonmaster2 (yes, mine needs it too)
Old 01-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #20

Mikesa, it,s sure seem so. He was very nice about it. He know the problem is out there and seem to want to correct it. Unusual to fine someone that wants to work with you. He allso check out this forum to. Give him a call.As far as putting on the clear coat, they will probly light sand the clear coat down to the base coat, wipe it down with paint prep to remove waxs and clean the surface and spray it. The paint that are used today are fast driers.With the heat that we will have when I take it in will speed that up. I will be glad when it's done. For me I want my coach to look like new. I waxs at lease four times a year,if not more. Mine sets outside and it takes alittle more work to keep it up.