RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just roaming around... (home base Bossier City, LA)
Posts: 86
Clearance lights blink when door/compartments locked

I have a very unusual problem that I've been unable to find any other posts about.

Whenever I lock or unlock the compartments, or the entry door, the coach clearance lights will flash several (I've counted three) times, with a few seconds between each flash. This happens when I lock/unlock the compartments with the switch by the entry door, or lock/unlock the entry door with the key.

Our coach is a 2005 Itasca Horizon 36RD.

Any/all thoughts about this problem are welcome.

Tom
__________________

__________________
2005 Itasca Horizon 36RD, CAT C7
U.S. Army Ret - SFC : Ret USPS - Elec Tech
Life Member: MOPH, DAV, VFW, GS Club, NRA, GOA : Member: WIT, FMCA. : Fulltimers. KC5UCN
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2017, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Twomed's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: On the road
Posts: 1,576
Not a problem. The brain for the lock/unlock is the same one used in cars. They can be wired several ways, horn blow etc. Mine flash too.
__________________

__________________
Happy Trails,
06 Dynasty Countess III ISL//3060
07 Hummer H3// Suzi 650 Thumper
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 AM   #3
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just roaming around... (home base Bossier City, LA)
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twomed View Post
Not a problem. The brain for the lock/unlock is the same one used in cars. They can be wired several ways, horn blow etc. Mine flash too.
When I read your reply, I realized that I left out the fact that it does it whenever I close one of the compartments, as well. We've owned the coach since January 2013, and never saw this until the last few months.

Thanks for the reply.
__________________
2005 Itasca Horizon 36RD, CAT C7
U.S. Army Ret - SFC : Ret USPS - Elec Tech
Life Member: MOPH, DAV, VFW, GS Club, NRA, GOA : Member: WIT, FMCA. : Fulltimers. KC5UCN
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog1949 View Post
When I read your reply, I realized that I left out the fact that it does it whenever I close one of the compartments, as well. We've owned the coach since January 2013, and never saw this until the last few months.

Thanks for the reply.
Well Sir,
We have the identical sister ship to yours. It's an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. Yes, the clearance lights do flash when unlocking/locking the coach entry door. But, they DO NOT flash when unlocking/locking the compartment doors. Wiring this controller maybe done by various people in the factory and, there's quite possibly, some wiring differences that lead to what flashes, at what times and what doesn't.

But, you say your marker lights flash when opening and closing ANY compartment door? Wow, that's not good in my opinion but, what do I know. On ours, when we use the key fob to unlock the entry door, the clearance lights flash, the interior reading light above the passenger goes on briefly and, the porch light illuminates, briefly. This gives folks time at night, to approach visually see the steps, and, get into the coach, and climb the interior steps, without being in the dark and, without fumbling around finding light switches in the dark.

Without being an electrical wizard in these situations, it almost sounds as if you're getting feedback of some sort from your compartment lights, all the way back to the brain for the security lock system. Hmmmm. I'm assuming on your coach, it's like ours in the fact that, your compartment lights are individually operated and controlled by opening an individual compartment, correct? That is, there is no switch to turn on the ALL the compartment lights, each door does that. So, with that being said, does ANY compartment door flash your marker lights or, just one in particular?
Scott

Ours:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	063.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	185512   Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	330.2 KB
ID:	185513  

Click image for larger version

Name:	06HEXT5 (2).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	185514  
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Pusherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rochester NY
Posts: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Sir,
We have the identical sister ship to yours. It's an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. Yes, the clearance lights do flash when unlocking/locking the coach entry door. But, they DO NOT flash when unlocking/locking the compartment doors. Wiring this controller maybe done by various people in the factory and, there's quite possibly, some wiring differences that lead to what flashes, at what times and what doesn't.

But, you say your marker lights flash when opening and closing ANY compartment door? Wow, that's not good in my opinion but, what do I know. On ours, when we use the key fob to unlock the entry door, the clearance lights flash, the interior reading light above the passenger goes on briefly and, the porch light illuminates, briefly. This gives folks time at night, to approach visually see the steps, and, get into the coach, and climb the interior steps, without being in the dark and, without fumbling around finding light switches in the dark.

Without being an electrical wizard in these situations, it almost sounds as if you're getting feedback of some sort from your compartment lights, all the way back to the brain for the security lock system. Hmmmm. I'm assuming on your coach, it's like ours in the fact that, your compartment lights are individually operated and controlled by opening an individual compartment, correct? That is, there is no switch to turn on the ALL the compartment lights, each door does that. So, with that being said, does ANY compartment door flash your marker lights or, just one in particular?
Scott

Ours:
My post is Off Topic:

Scott - what is that shiny photopic illuminant everywhere I look in your pictures? And that green stuff on the ground? In my parts of the woods, this time of year is 18% Grey skies and white stuff on the ground. This is why the coach lives in its den this time of year.

To the OP: My clearance lights flash when I lock/unlock the door with the remote, but not when I lock/unlock the compartments. Something's up with your situation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH in Barn in Winter.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	186116  
__________________
Don
'07 Winnebago Journey 34H - CAT C7, Koni's, MCU's, SS Bell Crank, Safe-T-Plus
'07 HHR Toad, SMI AFO, Blue OX
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:41 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusherman View Post
My post is Off Topic:

Scott - what is that shiny photopic illuminant everywhere I look in your pictures? And that green stuff on the ground? In my parts of the woods, this time of year is 18% Grey skies and white stuff on the ground. This is why the coach lives in its den this time of year.

To the OP: My clearance lights flash when I lock/unlock the door with the remote, but not when I lock/unlock the compartments. Something's up with your situation.
Hey Don,
Cracking up. I just grabbed those pics as the first ones available for the post. They are taken at the previous owners home in Sparks NV. Nice place huh? Yep, the big girl of ours sits in its own cave too, 24/7 when we're not using it. And yes, that "green stuff", well, we DON'T have any of it either, THAT'S REAL. Ours is fake, waaaaaaaaaay less water and no mowing.
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 01:52 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
SCVJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Santa Clarita, CA.
Posts: 2,512
Thats green flavored snow. he spent all afternoon staging that pic
__________________
_______________________________

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Honwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Woodland, Washington
Posts: 535
Our 2004 Horizon 40AD flashes for entry but dont remember the compartment doors flashing. Our flight to Tallahassee was diverted to Jacksonville last night due to fog so I will check when we get home this afternoon. We also have the same paint colors as above and bought it partly because of that.
__________________
2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD. 400hp Cummins
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,268
Well gang,
It's so great getting old! I said earlier that our coaches marker lights DID NOT FLASH with the locking or unlocking of the compartment doors. Well, as usual, my cenility is taking over. The Wife just corrected me, (imagine that) and, yes, ours does flash the marker lights when locking and unlocking the compartment doors.
It's amazing that things get so complacent when we're around and operating our own coaches. I probably knew they flashed, but, over time, it just disappeared from this feeble mind of mine. Oh well. Sorry for the misinformation.
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:15 AM   #10
Community Moderator
 
Petro's Avatar


 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Weyauwega, WI US
Posts: 6,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well gang,
It's so great getting old! I said earlier that our coaches marker lights DID NOT FLASH with the locking or unlocking of the compartment doors. Well, as usual, my cenility is taking over. The Wife just corrected me, (imagine that) and, yes, ours does flash the marker lights when locking and unlocking the compartment doors.
It's amazing that things get so complacent when we're around and operating our own coaches. I probably knew they flashed, but, over time, it just disappeared from this feeble mind of mine. Oh well. Sorry for the misinformation.
Scott
Well Scott my mind is as feeble as yours. I would have answered the OP like you did. Reading your post just now, I went out the garage and used the key fob to lock and unlock the compartment doors. My marker lights flashed just like yours do. I did not use the switch on the door panel because I did have anybody handy to check the marker lights. I guess we can say it is normal for the marker lights to come when at least when the fob is used.

Have a Merry Christmas;

Don
__________________
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:28 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Gordon Dewald's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 12,029
You can get your wiring diagrams off of the WGO website.

I think you might have a short or bad controller.
__________________
Gordon and Janet
Tour 42QD/InTech Stacker
Gordon Dewald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Honwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Woodland, Washington
Posts: 535
Just checked our Horizon 40AD and the clearance lights front and rear and they blink when I use the remote.
__________________
2004 Itasca Horizon 40AD. 400hp Cummins
2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
Honwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Well Scott my mind is as feeble as yours. I would have answered the OP like you did. Reading your post just now, I went out the garage and used the key fob to lock and unlock the compartment doors. My marker lights flashed just like yours do. I did not use the switch on the door panel because I did have anybody handy to check the marker lights. I guess we can say it is normal for the marker lights to come when at least when the fob is used.

Have a Merry Christmas;

Don
Hey Don,
To you and yours too, have a fantastic Christmas and a very happy New Year. It just so happens, we're camping right now, right along side our daughters home in Ramona CA. Not really camping but, we're in the big beast and, seeing family for the holidays, don't get much better than that.
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #14
Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just roaming around... (home base Bossier City, LA)
Posts: 86
We didn't get a remote, when we bought the coach, over four years ago. The company that made our remote entry system is out of business. Our clearance lights also flash when we open and close any compartment, not just locking/unlock,g with the switch inside the entry. They flash three times, with quite a while between the flashes. I think Gordon Dewald may have given me the best place to start to track it down. I have no idea if the controller is bad or not...
__________________

__________________
2005 Itasca Horizon 36RD, CAT C7
U.S. Army Ret - SFC : Ret USPS - Elec Tech
Life Member: MOPH, DAV, VFW, GS Club, NRA, GOA : Member: WIT, FMCA. : Fulltimers. KC5UCN
luckydog1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
door, light, lights



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To blink or not to blink....:banghead: RonAEgg Newmar Owner's Forum 11 10-14-2016 10:09 AM
Blink - Don't Blink DonandSandee Vintage RV's 2 07-04-2015 05:27 PM
Running Lights blink swingover Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 5 05-12-2012 03:59 PM
Clearance Lights Blink on all WH MH's? max49 Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 29 04-21-2010 08:58 PM
Blink headlights and/or marker lights? dengraham Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 6 10-24-2005 04:14 AM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.