Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coach alignment

I have a 2007 Winnebago Journey 36G. The coach appears to be offset to the right, the distance from the front right rim to the outside of the coach is 3.5 inches, the distance from the front left rim to the outside of the coach is 1 inch. Talked to Winnebago and they said they have never heard of this. Local Winnebago dealer thought it might be a chassis problem? Any suggestions or recommendations?
jewarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewarren View Post
I have a 2007 Winnebago Journey 36G. The coach appears to be offset to the right, the distance from the front right rim to the outside of the coach is 3.5 inches, the distance from the front left rim to the outside of the coach is 1 inch. Talked to Winnebago and they said they have never heard of this. Local Winnebago dealer thought it might be a chassis problem? Any suggestions or recommendations?
That's pretty much a standard Winnebago answer "We never heard of it" or "Your the only one that's had the problem"
zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

It is not aligned. Take your coach to a large truck service. They can align your rear dully. I had this done on my 2003 Excursion, it was a half an inch out! Freight liner chassis which has a means to satisfy this issue. I am not familiar with Winnebago.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Are you close to Gaffney, SC? If not the alternative is to find a Freightliner dealer who can align a 'custom' chassis. Don't delay. I am heading to Gaffney on Monday to have the chassis serviced by the factory service center.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Hopefully Gaffney has their alignment machine fixed. I was there on 9-11 and it was out of order. They were waiting on the repair guy to come and repair it.
dsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayobx View Post
It is not aligned. Take your coach to a large truck service. They can align your rear dully. I had this done on my 2003 Excursion, it was a half an inch out! Freight liner chassis which has a means to satisfy this issue. I am not familiar with Winnebago.
Thanks, you believe that the thrust alignment will put the front offset that much? Sorry for the delay in reply Grandson had football game last night.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Are you close to Gaffney, SC? If not the alternative is to find a Freightliner dealer who can align a 'custom' chassis. Don't delay. I am heading to Gaffney on Monday to have the chassis serviced by the factory service center.
No not close to SC I'm in Louisiana, but thanks for the info.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbike View Post
Hopefully Gaffney has their alignment machine fixed. I was there on 9-11 and it was out of order. They were waiting on the repair guy to come and repair it.
I do too! Will find out Monday. If not.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

jewarren,
It also sounds like your ride height is not adjusted correctly. They need to check it before you have an alignment done. If one is not set correctly, it can cause the bad alignment you are seeing.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

My '01 Itasca has similar probs - the coach is sitting crooked on the chassis. Going down the road it's quite obvious. I, too, called Winnie and guess what they said??!! (Only one guess per rv'r!)
Old 09-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewarren View Post
Thanks, you believe that the thrust alignment will put the front offset that much? Sorry for the delay in reply Grandson had football game last night.
Not so sure, in my studies with FL. Chassis first step adj. the ride height. fL will provide that info. The rear axle has a washer bolt system that in our case had to be welded apart. Quite common for our age chassis.jacked the axle out to match front end alignment cost, couple hundred tied in to other corrections,
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote