Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Coleman Mach 8 Fan Noise

I ordered and installed two of the new fan kids from RVComfort to help with the noise from the roof top AC units. Below is what I found and ended up with.

The old fan makes a readily noticeable "wooshing" or white noise kind of sound. The new fan noise is less noticeable with a lower pitched "hum/fan" element to it on the outside and the hum element is transfer to the inside which we find less desirable than the original fans. So after swapping the fans several times we are staying with the original fans.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Great info! Thank you very much!
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:48 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Grant,
I really appreciate this information. I was so hoping it would improve the inside sound. Thanks for letting us know.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 09:40 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
dengraham, here is a link over to the Entegra Forum with some more info. Seams like some people say it helps and my friend at Winnebago was surprised that it didn't help. My hearing is not to good and my wife's is real good and we both did not like the "hum/fan" noise.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rvp-...it-210236.html
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan