Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #1

Coleman-Mach upgrade to TrueAir

I have been researching this for a year and cannot find the answer.
I have a 2000 Adventurer with Coleman-Mach LP heat/AC thermostat and want to upgrade to TrueAir LP/Ele heat /AC. Is this possible? How? I have attached the pictures of the thermostat we have and the one we want to go to if possible.

The furnace is not working right now and it would be great to be able to use electric heat until we fix the furnace.
I'm using a space heater for the time being.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2114.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	245111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0247.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	245112  

Rodommoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
That thermostat is meant to be used with the basement AC with heat pump. You can swap to that thermostat, but unless you have a heat pump, the electric feature won't work.
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:53 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The way the original stat looks you only have lo heat, no heat pump or heat strip, check connections to lo furnace, jumper the control wires
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lo, auto correct lp
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:52 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Camarillo, CA ---Back in the house after 7 yrs fulltiming
In 1999 I bought a new Winnie Chieftain which had the same thermostat that you are trying to replace and I'm pretty sure your 2000 is the same wiring. After 2 yrs the original stat started acting up and I wanted to replace it with a digital set-back type, so I spent a bunch of time checking the function of each wire. Below is the wiring conversion I used for the digital stat I bought at Home Depot. I'm almost positive that the wiring is the same for the TrueAir and the old Mach. It should be straight plug and play.
I see the jpg isn't very clear, so here's a link to download a pdf:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...Tk2ZjRhYmM3MTg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coleman to RiteTemp Wire Conversion.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	245288  
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, coleman, upgrade