Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Connecting the coach speakers on a Meridian 36G

I'm replacing the front TV on my 2004 Itasca Meridian 36G. I read on this forum a few months ago about removing the quark from the old TV and soldering on to the speakers of the new TV, but now I can't seem to find that post. I don't remember which wires go to which speaker.
RPodlogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here's one thread that may help: Front LCD TV install in 2005 Vectra (Long)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks

Thanks Chris, that was it.
RPodlogar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2006 Meridian 36G. I replaced my old Sony TV with a Visio 32 inch flat screen about 6 months ago. My unit had two rca cables that ran from the back of the Sony TV to the back of the Sony VCR/DVD player. This allowed the TV to be listened to from the 5 external speakers. The problem I had was the Visio didn't have the rca audio hook ups for external speakers. I considered an adapter but then noticed that the Visio had an optical cable slot for external speakers. I ran an optical cable from the TV to the back of the VCR/DVD player and this solved the problem. By selecting the sound source LPT on the VCR/DVD player I actually get Dolby sound through the five speakers. I hope this helps you.
fudgeanyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 04:47 PM   #5

Gents,
I'm DANGEROUSLY close to taking on this project in our present coach, an '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT. I have read many write-ups on this subject. To me, there's two parts to this operation. First, removing of the boat anchor Sony "Flat Screen" (as labeled in the brochure) and then creating a substantial and very nice looking installation of the new one.

Second, setting up all the wiring for correct sound and input and output signals, i.e. VCR/DVD, multiple antenna input (Sat, Analog antenna and park cable) and of course, surround sound. Now, I just came back from that ZOO of Quartzsite and was camping with some new friends. One of them was quite skilled in the art of installing/wiring of newer TVs in these older coaches. He pretty much said there's no possible way that anyone can get any form of TRUE surround sound from only TWO WIRES emminating from the back of the old Sony TV.

In fact, he called Winne on the subject and they confirmed that it really ISN'T surround sound, in the true sense of the word.

When he just did another friends coach sitting next to us, he didn't use any "Wart" or any other device from the old TV. He simply used HDMI cables from the new one, to a new 5.1 Dolby DVD/VCR receiver. And from there, he wired in the Amp that was installed from the factory. Now, much of what he was saying about this was a bit over my head since I've been more of a grease monkey than an sound technician for my life.

I must say that, the sound in that '05 Meridian (almost identical to the system(s) in our '04 Horizon) was phenomenal compared to my EXTRA WEAK sound in our coach.

Oh, by the way, for those of you that have the same wiring/TV/Radio dual switch on the dash that switches the speakers from TV to Radio on the dash, he completely disconnected the Radio side and installed two separate speakers inside the already existing cloth cutout/accent facias up near corner of the side/front cabinets. That way, the radio is completely out of the equation.

So, for those of you that have already done this endeavor, it appears there's multiple ways of wiring these things to work correctly. HDMI is the newest, latest and greatest of the way things are linked without the use of Bluetooth. I'm told that HDMI will produce much higher quality sound than RCA jacks etc. Again, I'm "replace the axle hub seal" guy, not a sound tech. So, this will be one seriously new learning experience for me. Now, to find the correct sized TV as well as the correct type of mounting. Cover me, I'll be GOING IN soon!
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote