RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2019, 01:49 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
We have a 2015 Vista 35F, and like it, but had our share of issues. We downsized from an1999 Adventurer which had more room and accessories. But the Vista was newer and we liked the large rear bathroom with the half bath. We opted for the drawer instead of the oven as we do very little baking and use the microwave instead. It serves our purposes. I thought the ride with the V10 was horrible with a constant bounce and handling and took measures to correct by adding a Safe-Steer, Kelderman air suspension in front, and new shocks in front and back. It now rides like a dream but with the expense of lousy gas mileage. My long slide hardware was replaced eliminating the Schwintek and the rear wasn't needed as it works fine probably since it is shorter. It seems every year I get it adjusted at the factory. Every year we have new issues most likely any other coach but get them taken care of and enjoy the Vista.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Adven View Post
I thought the ride with the V10 was horrible with a constant bounce and handling and took measures to correct by adding a Safe-Steer, Kelderman air suspension in front, and new shocks in front and back.
More info on the Kelderman front suspension please. Why did you do the front and not the rear? I thought they recommended you do the rear if only doing one axle.

Also, what shocks did you go with and did you see a lot of improvement with that change?

I have Sumo Springs front and rear and the SafeTsteer. We're adding a Roadmaster anti-sway bar on the rear next week. I have 20K miles on my RV already and am thinking new shocks are due in the next 10k miles.

The Kelderman upgrade looks fantastic - but it's something like $6,000 to do both front and rear.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:58 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
(OP) I have resolved my RV purchase problem. As noted earlier I chose to walk away from the Winnebago 35F that I was considering. In fact, I chose to keep my little Sightseer 30b, stop looking for a replacement and go on with life.

Not so fast! While enjoying my, "it's resolved no worries" free time, I got a call from my salesman, Tyler, at LaMesa. He said that they just received a pristine '15 Newmar Baystar 3215 on trade and I should look at it before it hits the internet. He has worked hard over time looking to put me in a coach, so I decided to take a look to humor him.

Knowing that a salesman's definition of "pristine" usually means that the livestock have been removed and the stalls are almost clean, I was not expecting much. As we drove up to the RV there was a glow surrounding it and trumpets sounded. I was hooked and my usual stoic sales demeaner melted away. I oohed and aahd, thus crushing any hope of negotiation superiority. We went inside and I knew I have finally found the legendary and mystical "Pristine Coach". Not only was it better than new, it had every conceivable available option. While looking underneath the coach looking for any sign of rust (there was none) I noticed that it had track bars, upgraded sway bars and safety-steer.

Long story made shorter, I pick my new-to-me coach up next Tuesday! Wish me luck.

Tom
Old 03-08-2019, 11:28 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
(OP) I have resolved my RV purchase problem. As noted earlier I chose to walk away from the Winnebago 35F that I was considering. In fact, I chose to keep my little Sightseer 30b, stop looking for a replacement and go on with life.

Not so fast! While enjoying my, "it's resolved no worries" free time, I got a call from my salesman, Tyler, at LaMesa. He said that they just received a pristine '15 Newmar Baystar 3215 on trade and I should look at it before it hits the internet. He has worked hard over time looking to put me in a coach, so I decided to take a look to humor him.

Knowing that a salesman's definition of "pristine" usually means that the livestock have been removed and the stalls are almost clean, I was not expecting much. As we drove up to the RV there was a glow surrounding it and trumpets sounded. I was hooked and my usual stoic sales demeaner melted away. I oohed and aahd, thus crushing any hope of negotiation superiority. We went inside and I knew I have finally found the legendary and mystical "Pristine Coach". Not only was it better than new, it had every conceivable available option. While looking underneath the coach looking for any sign of rust (there was none) I noticed that it had track bars, upgraded sway bars and safety-steer.

Long story made shorter, I pick my new-to-me coach up next Tuesday! Wish me luck.

Tom
Funny how things work out when you have decided to go a different direction...obviously was meant to be!
RunningHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 06:27 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Either that or something more sinister.

Three more days, I feel like a little kid near Christmas day.

Tom
Old 03-09-2019, 06:34 AM   #20

Pictures
Old 03-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
These are pictures of the new coach, if it gets past my PDI. I suspect it will, with flying colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar4s.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	279.7 KB
ID:	237379   Click image for larger version

Name:	Newmar3s.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	237381  

Old 03-09-2019, 08:58 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydream37 View Post
These are pictures of the new coach, if it gets past my PDI. I suspect it will, with flying colors.
Very nice, enjoy!
Travel safe
carl.swoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:38 PM   #23

We have a 2012 35F. 46,000 still going strong. Ford F53 is a little loud but we are use to it. (turn up the radio) Ha! When we saw the bath and 1/2 along with the big shower in the rear bath we were sold! We love our Sunstar and Winnebago. Ours is the Itasca model. We started our RV adventures in a converted school bus in 1971. The 35F is our 6th MTH. I would buy a new one if I wasn't so old

steve258 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, itasca