Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
can do
http:groups.yahoo.com/group/erniesremodelingandrepair

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi jdsr. I did not have a rest easy sofa, that is one reason I removed the original(jacknife sofa). It was not hard to remove, the hardest part was getting the replacement through the doorway. The replacement is a queen sleeper sofa, it takes a lot of room when opened, but the replacement chair is easily temporarily moved & I made a portable cover for the stairwell to prevent someone from accidentally falling in the hole.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pace89 View Post
Hi jdsr. I did not have a rest easy sofa, that is one reason I removed the original(jacknife sofa). It was not hard to remove, the hardest part was getting the replacement through the doorway. The replacement is a queen sleeper sofa, it takes a lot of room when opened, but the replacement chair is easily temporarily moved & I made a portable cover for the stairwell to prevent someone from accidentally falling in the hole.
thanks
Old 10-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #18

I replaced all the carpet in my 36ft Journey DL with a high grade linoleum that looks like wood. It also has a padded backing which i would think helps reduce road noise. Real nice stuff. I paid $2,000 total including installation. Local floor guy had it done in 2 days. Looks amazing. Not a fan of laminate bc water can get under it causing bubbles.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #19

remodeling

Quote:
We replaced ours in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N with Pergo Laminate from Home Depot. Replaced it from front seat belt posts to just before the bathroom door. Did not track cost but as I remember it was well under $1,000.
As others have commented it is easy to keep up, looks good, & a few area rugs
let you change the look easily & as often as you like.
If interested photos of that & other projects at: Picasa Web Albums - Terry & Bev + Cookie
looked at your albums and what a great change...did you do all the work yourself??????????looks just like home...
Old 10-09-2009, 03:32 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardalo View Post
I replaced all the carpet in my 36ft Journey DL with a high grade linoleum that looks like wood. It also has a padded backing which i would think helps reduce road noise. Real nice stuff. I paid $2,000 total including installation. Local floor guy had it done in 2 days. Looks amazing. Not a fan of laminate bc water can get under it causing bubbles.

Just wondering what you did with the carpet that is on the main slide? Our slide goes out and then down. It worries me about replacing the carpet because of that. What happens if you get a rock or something that will scratch the flooring?
blucrabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #21

I covered the area under the main slide in linoleum too. So far no problems. goes in and out just as smooth as ever. I travel with 2 bulldogs so getting rid of all the carpet made the rv alot easier to maintain. Check out the pics. I think it makes it like a new rv.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1565   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1566  

Old 10-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowelifes View Post
Just purchased seven cases of Traffic Master Dimensions Resilient Flooring-Allure, from Home Depot ($1.79 sq ft) and plan to do the installation myself once the weather cools down. Will leave the carpet around the cockpit and bedroom. Never want to deal with carpeting again, just too much upkeep.
Good luck with whatever you choose...
Hi, When I saw your post I was interested and checked on Allure through Google. I found a blog that told a frightening story of a smell problem with the flooring. I don't remember the web site, but it should be easy to find. I think you will be glad you did.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Faye. Thanks for the positive input; yes my Bride & I completed these projects by ourselves.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:17 PM   #24

Quote:
Hi Faye. Thanks for the positive input; yes my Bride & I completed these projects by ourselves.
You did some job. It looks amazing. How long did that take you? I do not know why they do not come from the factory standard without carpets. Rug is way too hard to maintain.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #25

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardalo View Post
I covered the area under the main slide in linoleum too. So far no problems. goes in and out just as smooth as ever. I travel with 2 bulldogs so getting rid of all the carpet made the rv alot easier to maintain. Check out the pics. I think it makes it like a new rv.
did you remove your sofa?
Old 10-09-2009, 08:03 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsr View Post
did you remove your sofa?
Yes. I had everything taken out, covered in linoleum, then bolted back down.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #27

National RV Owners Club
Hey Stardalo

Here is the reason we put in Laminate flooring.

Dick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The Reason for the Floor.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1573  
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Looks like a Slugo! Cute face!