Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Well got my valve extenders put on by the dealer today. For those who were waiting for the final price - a mere $216.00 - 1 1/2 hr labor and the rest of the cost were parts.

$127.00 labor
89.00 parts

Hope this helped guy's.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Well got my valve extenders put on by the dealer today. For those who were waiting for the final price - a mere $216.00 - 1 1/2 hr labor and the rest of the cost were parts.

$127.00 labor
89.00 parts

Hope this helped guy's.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Tom, do you mean valve stems or extensions? You can screw extensions on yourself, but valve stems require removing the tire (or at least breaking the bead seal) and putting the stem into the wheel from the inside.From the price you quoted, I'm guessing you had dually valve STEMS installed. So, If I'm right: the dually valve stems cost $110(brass)or $120(chrome) and installation cost $216 for a total of $326 or $336. Or am I missing something? If this is the true cost of installing the dually valve stem, I'm going to stay with the braid covered extenders and invest in a tire pressure monitoring system for the entire coach and toad. Thanks for posting what it cost you to have this done as I've been asking the question, but had not gotten any answers.
Chas
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #4

WOW! I like my $15 dual foot tire gauge more and more now!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

The gauge is all well and good. Mine works too but when I try to add air with a chuck like that, the angle is not right and I end up losing more air than goes into the tire. I have the flex extenders in the inside duals. Not on the outside. That is the problem. So tomorrow I'm having the flex installed on the outside also
Old 04-28-2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Finhawk,
I had new tires put on in January, one of the mechanics at the Wingfoot facility took some valves & roll bent them to fit the outside duals. A great job as I always had to remove the wheeliners to check & or add air.
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:20 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrontRangeRVer:
WOW! I like my $15 dual foot tire gauge more and more now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That works well for you but I can't and won't fight to check my air pressure - "Rocket Heart" means I had a heart transplant and am affected by some side effects that give me some difficulties at times, so I make things as easy as I can.

And the answer to the other question - I meant I had valve extenders installed - the braided type - they afixed a bracket on the outside hub of the rear tires and put a pair on the front too , as once again I couldn't get to it unless I was a chinese monkeye!