Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Countertop Extension Problem

Has anyone replaced the cable that locks the countertop extension. My 2007 Ellipse 40fd has the extension that slides out a few feet into the kitchen area giving you more counter space. This past season the cable came loose from where it’s mounted inside the cabinet. The diagram that Winnebago provides on the cable is really no help. I’m trying to find the routing of the cable and where it’s mounted before I start removing the side of my sofa
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2017, 04:44 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
With a 2007, you can go to the "Resources" section of the Winn Industry web site and download the "Parts catalog" for your model and floor plan. It contains pictorial drawings of how everything in the coach fits together along with part numbers. That should get you started. I have found that virtually everything in the "house" is accessible if you can figure out how to get to it. Think the Parts Catalog will get you started. Good luck!
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 09:25 AM   #3

On mine the cable travels straight back under the sliding countertop, down the back of the island to the locking/sliding mechanism. I believe the cable travels with the island.

When the factory adjusted mine, they took off the side panel of the kitchen countertop, which I believe they had to remove the adjacent side of the jackbed couch.

I would email or@winnebagoind.com, they have been helpful to me in the past.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
Countertop Cable

I have been using Winnebagos tech diagrams for 17 years. When you bring up the countertop diagrams they are very vauge. They do not show the routing and installation info. I spoke to Winnebago tech they were no help they could not find any info on the actual inststall. The tech suggested start pulling things apart to find out where the cable is routed. Which is what I was trying to avoid.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On our 2005 Vectra 36RD the side panel (next to the RestEasy Sofa) of the cabinet with the pullout counter is just held on with spring clips--you can remove it without any tools.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 10:56 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
If you pull out the drawers you should be able to follow they cable from the lever over the top & to the latch on the bottom rear.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GG1 View Post
Has anyone replaced the cable that locks the countertop extension. My 2007 Ellipse 40fd has the extension that slides out a few feet into the kitchen area giving you more counter space. This past season the cable came loose from where it’s mounted inside the cabinet. The diagram that Winnebago provides on the cable is really no help. I’m trying to find the routing of the cable and where it’s mounted before I start removing the side of my sofa
Have you considered pulling the oven or dishwasher (which ever you have) out? You might find access that way. Pulling the couch seems like more work but maybe not.