Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 09:34 PM   #1

Country coach

I know Winnebago purchased all physical and intellectual properties from Country Coach about eighteen months ago and moved all Winnebago Class A diesel production to the former Country Coach facility in Junction City, Oregon.

My question for the forum: Are there future plans to once again manufacture Country Coach? If so, Amy indication of future quality?
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2017, 09:41 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
IF it happens (and that's a BIG IF) it will be with a Spartan or FL chassis. So a big selling point will be gone
I was at the HQ last month and found that they are not ordering new, CC branded merchandise for the store.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:32 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Hello Dean,
Do you take that as a "no plan for future CCs" regarding the merch?

You may have read my posts on this subject before.....but I think this would be a good opportunity to resurrect (to a point of course), a CC line. It would never be as it was with the Dynomax etc, but they could shoot for a coach comparable to a Foretravel Realm....which is still on a Spartan I believe.

What energizes me about that idea is, some previous CC workers/craftsmen are back at the factory. I believe in it, I believe it's possible, and would give WBGO a highline offering above $500,000 MSRP.

They very well may be approaching this but slowly, which is wise you could say.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:02 AM   #4

Foretravel Owners Club
Hmmmm.... If they did try to resurrect the CC line.... The biggest issue or at least one of the biggest issues would be for Winny to loose the "cheapest low bidder" for all the various components and the 7 to 14 day "high balling" assembly methods that Winny is known for using.

On the other hand it looks like they are introducing (or at least re-introducing) the Horizon line..... as an "ultra " high line.... watched the video...... I wouldn't trade a CC or a FT for it....lots of bling not much substance.and still retains the "over lap" closure seal for the slides....I love the flush fit slides with the HWH slides with air bladder seals
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:28 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Yeah. I think they and some others have learned a lesson with the Schwintek disaster. The new CEO may understand better about cheaper components and how much they really end up costing. Other components on my Ellipse are of high reliable quality. Some I have are also used by Newell for instance.

I do hear production is slower in OR, and I think that's a plus too. They can do this thing if cutting corners is outlawed there.

I like the flush slides too. It gives a sleeker bus look. Mine seal well however, the practicality is great in that respect. I guess with the lap design you never have to worry about the reveal being off. Pros & cons.....
Old 11-09-2017, 12:39 AM   #6

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Yeah. I think they and some others have learned a lesson with the Schwintek disaster. The new CEO may understand better about cheaper components and how much they really end up costing. Other components on my Ellipse are of high reliable quality. Some I have are also used by Newell for instance.

I do hear production is slower in OR, and I think that's a plus too. They can do this if cutting corners is outlawed there.

I like the flush slides too. It gives a sleeker bus look. Mine seal well however, the practicality is great in that respect. I guess with the lap design you never have to worry about the reveal being off. Pros & cons.....
The "deal breaker" for me was when I helped a fellow camper out and sliced my head on the sharp edge of the slide overlap. that and the exposed slide mechanisms underneath concealed only by fabric, if at all.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #7

Foretravel Owners Club
You did hear about the fire @ Premier in Junction City didn't you? they are across the street from the old CC plant
Old 11-09-2017, 01:02 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Yes, I have followed the thread on it. Just a terrible thing, sorry for the business and all coach owners impacted by it.

Ouch, sorry about your noggin, that would definitely smart. I've caught my back on the slide once er twice myself.

On the underside of my slides it's aluminum. Not sure when that was implemented.

Regards,
W.D.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 AM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:

On the underside of my slides it's aluminum. Not sure when that was implemented.

Regards,
W.D.
OK , ours has the same surface as the exterior walls of the coach and slide, all slide mechanisms/latch pins are internal, and the corners are rounded & smooth...with no lip..
Your coach was probably built before the bean counters took over the construction methods and component purchases.
happy trails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1667.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	182444   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1664.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	182445  

Old 11-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That is NICE. Seems like mid 2000s before the crash of 08 was the sweet spot in quality across the industry. You have a good coach there.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #11

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
That is NICE. Seems like mid 2000s before the crash of 08 was the sweet spot in quality across the industry. You have a good coach there.
Thanks for the flowers!
You can find these for sale now for anywhere from a buck twenty five to a buck seventy five depending on condition and how much maintenance and up grades have been done.
DW really cringed when she wrote the check out to pay for this one..was almost new new...Being working stiff's We had to save & do without toys & vacations for 38 years to buy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2476.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	182458  

Tags
country coach