Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Does anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2003 Sightseer Workhorse chassis?
Thanks
dnvrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Does anyone know how to disable the daytime running lights on a 2003 Sightseer Workhorse chassis?
Thanks
dnvrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
Administrator in Memoriam

Wife has a GMC Yukon with DRL, to override them you push the 'Dome Override" button 4 times rapidly and they go off. Since the WH has a GM engine, maybe the same procedure will work.

Maybe there isn't a 'Dome Override" button on a MH coach, I thought I'd just throw this tidbit of info out anyway.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

dnvrguy, Welcome to the forum If you ever have to drive in Canada lights are required during the day an if your in a caravan of motorhomes on a trip they would be on. The lights work on reduced power while in operation to give on coming motorist warning of your presence coming at him. The more warning you can give him the better for you, its an added safty feature. Is there a reason you need them disconnected? The lights are installed by the coach MFG. I believe. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:59 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Winnebago's DRLs cannot be disabled easily. However, there have been past posts echoing your same frustration, particularly at night in a campground when you don't want your lights shining on others. Some have suggested you can engage the parking brake on the very first click and that cuts off the DRLs, and you can still drive around without the brake taking effect. I haven't tried it.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:19 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Just to clarify Tom's post. Disabling Ford F53 DRL's is easy, there's two different fuses that'll do it, can't recall off the top of my head which ones. Might have been fuse #12 underhood on mine, it's in the owner's manual and/or wiring diagrams. Yup, having the lights come anytime the key was on in dark campgrounds was annoying. I can turn the headlites on when I think the DRL function is required (Canada, two lanes in the desert, etc.)

I can't imagine why it isn't just as easy on a Workhorse, but I'll believe Tom, must not be.

Tim

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 04:23 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

I'm with Tim. I just pulled one fuse if memory serves me right from under the flip up dash. Like Tim, I cant remember which one it was. But again I have the F53 chassis. I guess I thought it would have been the same for the Workhorse.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote