Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

Those tires need to be replaced as you have heard a good spot to check out is Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels give them the size and specs they want and they will give you 3 or 4 options and also local dealers that they will ship them to and install them for you, with them everything is up front tire cost, freight, balance and installation
Old 07-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

OK folks. I have edited and deleted quite a number of post because of the bickering that was going on.

Let's not go there again please.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #43

We had 2 ties blow out on our coach before it was 2 years old;; I would like to pass along some information I learned while in the service atation business;; Altho when inspecting the tires they may look good on the out side, Most of the road drit is kicked up under the coach == on the inside of the tire, and in never cleaned off it just sits there and deteriorates the inside of the tire... I in no way want to offend any one. BUT as I have stated meny times ... DO your homework.. So when you climb into the drivers seat and start moving. You have a clear conscice, That you done everything to make your trip as safe and enjoyable as possable'. I don't use spell check. and I'm happy without it'' Life is so good ;;;way to short..
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #44
Winnebago Owner

"Jacks wouldn't retract because they needed new springs". If it were always that simple! Good chance some cylinders needed rebuilding or replacement at that age at $200 plus per. Also could be a whole slew of other possibilities.
CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires