Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #1

Detailed instructions for replacing slide room wipe seals

We have a 2012 Sightseer 30A. We have had these seals repaired/replaced by various authorized dealers 10 times. The seals are still not installed properly, but the damage caused to our MH gets worse each time, so we are done having dealers touch it.

Does anyone know how to obtain the detailed instructions for replacing these? Winnebago has not been forthcoming with any info other than "take it to your dealer"
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I can share with you what it took for me to reinstall my passenger side slide top outer wipe seal 5 hours ago. Pine needles had accumulated under the slide awning and caused about half of the wipe seal to detach and fold under.
I removed the top only allen head screw from each end of the slide awning end covers which allowed it to fold down and revile the awning roller mechanism. I turned the awning roller to relive tension on the slide awning material. There is a small hole in the end of the roller to insert a nail and lock the roller in place. Then to detach the awning from the coach I removed a philips screw from each end and pulled the white nylon strip out. I removed all debris, pulled the seal out that was stuck and cleaned it and the mounting surface with alcohol. I applied 3M Black super weather strip and gasket adhesive I purchased from Advanced Auto Parts to both the seal and the mounting surface and let it dry and tack for 3 minutes, then placed the seal into its proper place. I then wiped the slide top, awning material and seal with RuGlide rubber lubricant purchased from Napa auto parts. Reassembled in revers order.
Jesse
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229812.162333.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	636.6 KB
ID:	75511Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229828.798109.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	706.6 KB
ID:	75512Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229847.655611.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	742.6 KB
ID:	75513Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229893.316057.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	686.3 KB
ID:	75514Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229945.126814.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	573.0 KB
ID:	75515Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229965.478203.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	770.4 KB
ID:	75516Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412229982.137158.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	695.2 KB
ID:	75517
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #3

Thanks so much for the info and the pictures. The bottom wipe seal is a bit different, though. The seal has to be "snaked thru" from the outside to the inside and it seems too big to fit without cutting. Every time any dealer does it, they cut it poorly and it doesn't seal. We aren't even sure it's supposed to be cut. It should be simple, but doesn't appear to be. Also, there is no "slot" for the material to sit in, and alignment and actually keeping it attached seems to have confused those trying to replace it.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM   #4

This is an update to our original issue. Yes, we just now determined our problem and how to fix it. We still wonder why the dealers and techs didn't see the problem.

Apparently, there are voids in the end cap ( and in the bathroom exterior wall) that are adjacent to the slide rooms. These voids were originally filled with a foam type substance that eventually came out as the dealers worked on the adjacent slides. That foam blocked "holes" where the slide seals and the coach body came together (I know I'm describing this badly, but I'm not a coach builder) once we realized this, we were able to replace the foam in these areas and "voila" no more light and cold air coming in at the floor at the corners of the slide rooms.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seal, slide