RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2018, 03:11 AM   #491

She Once Was Lost But Now She's Found! ;)

Hi Terry,
So glad to see you on again! So sorry for your problems and heartaches that you have endured.
You are doing everything the right way. You have the right local Officials involved. Suggestion: if there is any sign that the horses or any other animals in their care are being neglected or mistreated get hold of ASPCA.

I think from the outside looking in it's time to post the exact problems with your RV so you can ride off into the sunset and enjoy life for a change...........long overdue. It might be possible with you gone the neighbor will cool their heels once they don't have somebody there to aggravate, which they seem to enjoy doing so much.

Having a good Attorney was a great step.

Time to get things ship shape and hit the road Just call the Sheriff's Dept. when you leave and when you might be back. Ask for extra patrol of your lane and house. The extra presence of patrol cars might help to keep the neighbor at bey.
Glad you're back!!!!!!!

Things will get better!!!!!

Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #492

Terry, good to see you're okay and your dogs are still alive.

I know some folks in the "olive oil business" who take care of pesky neighbors but not sure they travel to your part of the country...

Having dealt with similar deranged folks who had more money and local political connections than myself, I have a great deal of sympathy for your situation and wish you the best in extricating yourself from proximity to these (insert your choice of adjectives here)... uh.... jerks. May they experience a life of boils, shingles and general ill health. Oh, and the heartbreak of psoriasis, too!

Start a new thread with your generator and other issues and I'm certain the IRV2 cavalry will ride to your aid.

Best wishes and good luck in all your future endeavors.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #493

Fleetwood Owners Club
Hey AK,

So good to hear from you...Sorry for my tardy reply...soooo much going on. I wish all my issues had to do with the motorhome...well, erh sort of, but at least much of that is tangible as opposed to target that my neighbor's have painted on my back, which won't wash off, seems to glow in the dark and worse yet...grows!

I will attempt to post my issues as a new thread within this forum...if I ever get the chance. In the meantime, I will continue to seek advice and help from my most trust cohorts on this thread...if you don't mind.

I will attempt to keep you all in the loop more often than I have...trust me...I am trying.

But thank you so much for the welcome, as always.

Best, Terry
OnTheMove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:44 AM   #494

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkyfork View Post
Glad to year you are ok...from your own words.

If you want to know how we found your info PM me and Ill let you know just so you aren't too concerned about the creepiness.

About the neighbors. They will meet their maker some day. Hopefully the karma bus will run over them sooner than later. They are bullies and bullies like to see how upset they make you. Stay away from them, talking to them does no good. Designate a third party to handle your communications. Doesn't have to be a lawyer just someone that will buffer you from them.

If it were me. I would accidentally rent the property to some meth heads and let the neighbor experience a little hell and then travel the continent in my RV after getting the generator running.

At the very least sell the house and move somewhere closer to some help. And hope someone worse than your neighbors move in.

Oh and the generator. Not really necessary unless you are boon docking an extended time. We have used it rarely. It gets run once a month to exercise it but we haven't actually relied on it for anything. I would see if you can find a repair place that can actually help you fix it in your travels.

We bought our RV with a gash in a basement door from a bollard at a gas pump probably. We had the dealer comp us for the cost of the door and haven't replaced it. Figure we might possibly make the same mistake getting used to things.

As long as the front end isnt hanging off and everything works use it. No sense fixing it now until you are sure you won't do it again.
Hey Forky...good to hear from you girl!! Sorry I checked out like I did. And trust me, I am continuing to be beseiged by all that is in my life, but I wanted to jump back on here to say Hi and give ya'll another update.

I will try and send you a PM so you can let me know how you wiley sleuthers located me. Nah...I'm not creeped out. Your hearts were all in the right place and I know you meant me no harm. The lengths you went to simply demonstrate the willingness of good people to go the extra mile to help someone out, especially if they might have come to harm.

And you are so very right...bullies are bullies and oh my goodness, like most, if not all, of you have had to deal with them. But as we have all probably learned, bullies only have the power that you give them. Having said that, as much as I want to be tolerant and forgiving, sometimes bullies need to receive back that which they have thrown. The ol' boomerang effect.

I wish I could sell, but as I mentioned earlier...or did I? I am reluctant to allow a bully to chase me off my own property and I don't think I could sell to someone when I knew they would be facing such challenges in their future, simply by living here. I think my concience would be kicking me in the butt for the rest of my life.

But now renting out to some druggies...ha! that thought has some merit. Pot heads could use the property to grow some righteous marijuana crops...it is legal in Washington state after all. I wish I could find a good renter that was just big and burly and mean to people who are jerks! I will have to give it some thought...very creative thought.

I have some RV questions which I will post in a bit and perhaps create a separate thread but first I need to sort all of that out in my head.

And you are right...if it drives...then time to drive it!

Best,Terry
Old 10-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #495

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCREF View Post
Terry, there are also some great deals out there on the Winnebago Journey 36 ft. DL DP's. You can find some 2001 to 2003' DP's for around 50K. They should do nicely for you!!!
OCREF
2001 Journey 36 ft DL
Towing a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Big Bear Edition
Thanks OC...something to think about in the future!

Best,Terry (glad to see you here)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:06 AM   #496

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Hey Terry...SOOOOOO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!

As you can tell, you were missed and very much on all our minds and hearts. And yeah, you STILL ARE!

Gosh...this neighbor has GOT TO GO! I'll second Forty-Fork's comment about the bus.

And in regards to our appearance of stalkerish behavior, I can only blame you!

I mean, you captured our hearts and imagination, and your writing skills are just too good, so we just feel empty if we don't get our WEEKLY digest of what's going on in your life. Face it...we're hooked, and your stories are the only thing that is keeping us on this forum! (Okay..maybe a little over the top?...but you get my point.)

My point is, all of us are here to help and guess what? We all have baggage! Well, not like you...I mean..your neighbors..gosh...this is going south quickly.

Just know that we are here for you and honestly, I hardly do anything to my rig before checking here 1st to see if someone's already been there and done that, and most times they HAVE!

So please don't feel funny about asking for help. And that generator thing...I bet the folks here will be able to figure that out in.....hmm, less than TWO pages of post.

Okay, so the bet is on. Start a new post, list the rig, the model, the generator make and model, and what the symptoms are, and I'll bet ya, someone will have a fix for you.

Now...if only fixing the neighbors was THAT simple.....hmmm.

Welcome back Terry!
Hey Tri!!! Missed you too dude! Sorry for my late reply...always something going on.

I will certainly take your advice regarding the coach. And IF there was only some way to fix neighbors with a posting or two...sigh....wouldn't that be a wonderful world LOL

You are way too kind about my writing. Comes straight from the heart and often will bypass my brain as a useless tool, so basically what gets splattered on this page could be just about anything.

And no...my heart was so lifted by all your concerns and that you went to such lengths to locate me to determine if I had been murdered by my neighbors...was quite simply...amazing.

I do have questions about the coach (did I already say that?) and other things like tools and accessories, but that will be in an update post, as well as all the naughty devious things my neighbors have recently cooked up...they are inexhaustible I swear!!

So more to come...but Tri...thank you thank you. I will Tri (get it??...tee hee hee...be still my stupid brain) not to keep you hanging for too long.

Best, Terry
Old 10-03-2018, 12:28 PM   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheMove2 View Post
Hey Tri!!! Missed you too dude! Sorry for my late reply...always something going on.

I will certainly take your advice regarding the coach. And IF there was only some way to fix neighbors with a posting or two...sigh....wouldn't that be a wonderful world LOL

You are way too kind about my writing. Comes straight from the heart and often will bypass my brain as a useless tool, so basically what gets splattered on this page could be just about anything.

And no...my heart was so lifted by all your concerns and that you went to such lengths to locate me to determine if I had been murdered by my neighbors...was quite simply...amazing.

I do have questions about the coach (did I already say that?) and other things like tools and accessories, but that will be in an update post, as well as all the naughty devious things my neighbors have recently cooked up...they are inexhaustible I swear!!

So more to come...but Tri...thank you thank you. I will Tri (get it??...tee hee hee...be still my stupid brain) not to keep you hanging for too long.

Best, Terry
LOL! You are the best! Keep hanging in there, we are all behind you!
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:04 AM   #498

Okay...I admit it.

I have a problem.

I can't help it.

I come here at LEAST once a day and check to see if Terry has given an update on her crazy neighbors.

But that's not the worst of it. Nope...there's more.

I go to her profile....(yes, it's getting creepy)

And under "Statistics" it shows when her last "Activity" was...and as of 10/12/2018 @ 9:00 AM it is "Last Activity: 10-03-2018 10:07 AM".

Sigh.....it's gotten so bad I have succumbed to reading things posted here:
RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories - iRV2 Forums

Terry...please PLEASE help me out here....POST ANYTHING!!

Old 10-14-2018, 08:47 PM   #499

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMoot View Post
Okay...I admit it.

I have a problem.

I can't help it.

I come here at LEAST once a day and check to see if Terry has given an update on her crazy neighbors.

But that's not the worst of it. Nope...there's more.

I go to her profile....(yes, it's getting creepy)

And under "Statistics" it shows when her last "Activity" was...and as of 10/12/2018 @ 9:00 AM it is "Last Activity: 10-03-2018 10:07 AM".

Sigh.....it's gotten so bad I have succumbed to reading things posted here:
RV'ing Humor & Crazy but True Stories - iRV2 Forums

Terry...please PLEASE help me out here....POST ANYTHING!!

Hi Tri...I'm still alive although these days I'm wondering if I really am. The shuffling gait, the sunken eyes, the lack of appetite for anything except wanting to bite my neighbor's heads off...um...I may have crossed over to the zombie life.

I will post more in a bit, but wanted to at least let you know that much.

Best,Terry
Old 10-15-2018, 02:59 PM   #500

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret.LEO View Post
Hi Terry,
So glad to see you on again! So sorry for your problems and heartaches that you have endured.
You are doing everything the right way. You have the right local Officials involved. Suggestion: if there is any sign that the horses or any other animals in their care are being neglected or mistreated get hold of ASPCA.

I think from the outside looking in it's time to post the exact problems with your RV so you can ride off into the sunset and enjoy life for a change...........long overdue. It might be possible with you gone the neighbor will cool their heels once they don't have somebody there to aggravate, which they seem to enjoy doing so much.

Having a good Attorney was a great step.

Time to get things ship shape and hit the road Just call the Sheriff's Dept. when you leave and when you might be back. Ask for extra patrol of your lane and house. The extra presence of patrol cars might help to keep the neighbor at bey.
Glad you're back!!!!!!!

Things will get better!!!!!
Hey Leo,

Thanks for the advice. Really appreciate it. If I have issues with the motorhome, I will be sure and post them on this site, if it can't find the answer after looking through other posts. With regard to the generator, that could have been user error...meaning me. Or it is entirely possible that I have a faulty surge protector. Once I had good power going into the rig, the generator started up like a champ. I won't know for sure until I plug into a 50 amp service. Yes that's right...I still have gone nowhere.

I have now entered into a full on war with the neighbors, no more skirmishes for me, these are take no prisoner confrontations as peace talks have completely failed.

I have been in flight or fight mode, and since I am unable to flee, it is fight.

Thanks....Terry
Old 10-15-2018, 04:05 PM   #501

Fleetwood Owners Club
An update on life''s issues and why I can't just drive away

Hi all...

Well, the motorhome is all but packed up. I have even had some time to personalize the interior. I so very much want to unpack my interior decorating skills, but have had to keep them sealed as so much else is going on.p.

I had someone come out to look at the power issues, which the RV dealership was going to pay for, but it seems that my issues had more to do with a faulty power surge protector, then anything to do with the converter in the RV. That plus I believe I was not using the extension cord/adapters correctly.

The problem with switching from my trailer to a motorhome was that my trailer was a simple, uncomplicated old work horse. This motorhome maybe older, but it is more like a high strung thoroughbred then an old plow horse. So, I have been taught many lessons. Fortunately, I have not, thus far, crippled my pony, while learning how to ride. I did however, injure it when I attempted to pull the slide in WHILE the bathroom door was open...can you say "crunch". I stopped quickly enough that I only bent the hinges a bit which was easily corrected after taking the door down and bending them back into shape.

I also have some kind of a leak (hydraulic) in one of the jacks. I am assuming this means a trip to the shop as I am not quite sure how to fix it. Probably a weak seal. I just hope it will still function when I try to raise it up. Not sure what has caused this other than I might have lowered it too far because of the slope I have been having to park on.

I also have a strip coming loose alongside the side of the RV, directly under where there had been some delam on one of the sidings. I am not quite sure how to fix that, but probably just caulking it will do the job. I will check out suggestions on this site.

I finally installed the tire sensor monitor and since I only have 4 sensors (forgetting I had dualies on the bag end), I have to order two more. However, the tire pressue is reading pretty low on the front tires, perhaps because I had to dig out a trench on the front end in order to lower it enough to balance it out.

I also have my GPS system all ready to go and it took me forever to try and figure out how to install safe spaces for my dogs during travel. There are lots of seat belt safety systems for dogs but I did not have enough seat belts for the 4 beasts that I have. So, I had to get creative. I will have to post some pictures.

It is my fervent wish to be on the road as of tomorrow. Not sure if I will make it as I have had to cancel my plans to leave so many times I can't even provide a number as to how often this has happened. I am hoping to go and visit my daughter at least for a couple of weeks before having to return home by the first of November for some doctor stuff (bp has been singing some high notes...gee I wonder why?)

Well...here are a few thoughts about why that could be -

One possible reason - After asking and asking my neighbors to please keep their dogs off of my property, I had no choice but to contact Animal Control. An officer came out a few weeks back and said that this time he would be citing them as they had already been given several warnings. (I showed him some photos which showed when their dogs had come onto my property).

My neighbor came over and yelled at me then go into his truck and peeled away...leaving his 2 year old standing alone in the front yard. He not only abandoned him, but he could have run him down. I kept an eye on him until I saw his mom driving up. I had some pretty strong words for that jerk! Which of course I could not actually say to him.

A few days later, while loading up the RV, with my little dog in full protection mode in the front...she started barking her head off. I looked out the front window and saw my neighbor (woman) sitting in her golf cart with her dog by her side, who just barks his head off when she revs it up...she was approaching the corner of my property in a very sneaky way when she looked up and spotted me watching her from within the motorhome. She backed away quickly and took off.

The next day, while repairing my front gate, I heard the blasted golf cart and barking when I suddenly heard Latte barking again - in the same corner as the day before, which was on the other side of the RV where I could not see her. Then I heard my big dog barking followed by my neighbor yelling out "you go home". I got up and ran to the front of my driveway where both of my dogs were trying to get inside. I got them in and then walked over to the corner to overhead my neighbor on the phone with someone saying "yes, she just jumped the fence". I could see where the top of thee fence had been been downward so it was low enough for my dogs to get over. It was obvious, as she sat there grinning at me, she had been successful in provoking my dogs to leave my property. She then started yelling at me that I should keep my dogs from leaving my property. And then, as if planned?? about 6 of her customers appeared and all of them started yelling and screaming at me that my dogs were dangerous. I told them that my dogs were not dangerous but they just kept yelling and screaming at me like some kind of derranged mob and I had suddenly morphed into Frankenstein.

One of the customers started making jokes about me and they all started laughing (which may have been worse than the screaming). I finally said "I don't think any of this is funny". One of them finally started feeling a bit bad when I told her that the neighbors dogs had been harrassing my dogs for months. Of course my neighbor denied this and called me a liar, so I showed them the photos I had.

I finally walked away, although the customer did offer to help me train the dogs so they wouldn't bark at the horses. I have been doing this over the past two weeks. I had already trained the dogs, so the customer told me she felt kind of bad for misjudging them.

Of course, that did not stop my neighbor who called Animal Control, crying hysterically about how my little dog had jumped the fence to attack her. She had a very convenient photo of Latte on the wrong side of the fence. I explained to Animal Control how this had been provoked and was a set up, but apparently he still needs to fine me!

The other reason that my bp is going up....my neighbor has been insisting upon trimming my trees. I have this beautiful old Madrone tree on the corner of my property. I sent my attorney a complete write up on why these trees should not be pruned...and if they were, they should only be pruned very little and AFTER the first frost. The same was tree for the Sumac tree that I had. Well, last week, I head this commotion and I looked outside to see that my neighbor had brought over his large tractor and had been standing up in it with a chainsaw, hacking away at my trees. I pleaded with him to stop. I told him that he was killing them. (These trees not only have dollar values to them, but also sentimental value for many reasons).

Facing down an angry 6'6" man with a chainsaw had me shaking in my shoes, especially when he turned to me and said "this is what you get when you lie". He would not tell me what it was that I was supposed to have lied about.....and just proceeded hacking them apart. When he was done, I was so upset I could barely talk. I asked him what it was I had lied about and he said it was because I had contacted the county about an event they had that weekend. I told him that I called the county because I did not want anyone parking up against my fence because it was not very sound. He said I asked them to come out and put up No Parking signs. I told him that I had not done that...it was their decision to put up the signs, not mine.

He drove off angrily and in the process drove up close to my side fence and ripped out a young tree I had just planted.

Then he took his big tractor and ran over the metal tee post marking the end of the property line by the surveyors.

The next morning, he took a chainsaw to every single one of my trees and bushes growing along the side of my property. They were not even hanging over the property line but he still cut them down.

And the next night, his friend drove up to the temporary gate across my driveway entrance and knocked it over.

Fortunately I was outside and heard it and was able to fix it before the dogs could get out.

Every day, instead of getting ready to leave, I spend it walking my fence line to do repairs. Then I walk the property to see if there are suspicious looking things tossed over the fence. The other day I found a small black bottle which appeared to have some kind of lubricant or oil in it. It had a couple of dog teeth marks on it but fortunately it had not been punctured. I have to keep the dogs inside most of the time because I am pretty sure they will try to poison them.

I have my attorney working on this and he is doing his best and I called the Sherriff. They sent out two separate cars. The second officer to arrive was the same one who came out to check on me because of your outreach. They were both very nice and tried to offer advice, but basically could do nothing. I asked them not to talk to the neighbors as it would just result in some further retaliation from them.

So...there it is. Some people just don't want to be nice. Some get such satisfaction from being mean. And if you are unfortunate enough to live next to them, well, that is just a bad hand you have been dealt.

But I am not giving up...although frankly, I'm feeling pretty worn down.

Just going to somehow get the motorhome going, secure my home and leave.

As Leo said, perhaps they will calm down while I am gone, but I don't think that will happen. The one day that I left for the whole day was when they kicked in my front door. But I have finally installed four outside cameras and 3 indoor ones so if they try something, I hope I can catch it on video.

In the meantime, I think I will be safer on the road then living at home. That sounds kind of sad.....But there it is.

Wish me luck gang!

Best, Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Latte challenging everyone from the RV.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	222701  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:37 PM   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheMove2 View Post
Hi Tri...I'm still alive although these days I'm wondering if I really am. The shuffling gait, the sunken eyes, the lack of appetite for anything except wanting to bite my neighbor's heads off...um...I may have crossed over to the zombie life.

I will post more in a bit, but wanted to at least let you know that much.

Best,Terry
Terry....Ahhhh...NOW my week is complete. Thank you.

Dang it all...man I wish we could help out with those neighbors, but rest assured they will eventually get what's due to them...life just usually works that way.

So, is sounds like you're on your way to see your daughter? Awesome! I can't believe (like you) it's taken this long! Jeepers!

I just checked the weather there and you shouldn't have to worry about freezing (not that you were, but I am!) as the temps in the evening are only down to the low 40's, so that's good. Here in Spokane I've had to put a lightbulb in my wet bay to make sure nothing freezes as we're 'hoping' to do one or two more quick glamping trips before I winterize it and put it to bed for the winter.....sigh..SOMEDAY we'll be able to head south for the winter and NEVER winterize it.

So point by point:
Power Issues: So....it sounds like you're good to go there? Just using the wrong power adapter? Those kinds of fixes are the best! I only have a 30 AMP system so it's pretty straight forward. If I have to plug into a 15 or 20 AMP receptacle I just use the converter plug and I just have to remember not to have too much stuff turned on all at once or I'll trip the breaker on the post.

Slide Issue: OHMGOSH! I had NEVER thought of that! Of course I don't own a rig with a slide, but wow...yeah...definitely having a checklist for extending the slides might be a good idea...at least at 1st until it becomes more 2nd nature. Glad to hear it was just the hinges that got bent.

Hydraulic jack leak: So....it 'could' be a seal, but simple things 1st, it might just be you need to tighten up the connections on all the hoses. I had three places where they were leaking, so I took a couple of wrenches and tightened all the hose connections and then checked and filled the reservoir and so far this year no more leaks and all is working as it should. Now...was it easy to crawl underneath and do that?...eh..kind of. The hardest part for me is I have arthritis in my thumbs so I'm just not able to put a lot of torque on the wrenches, so I have a "Spring Fix It" list that I have started and when it goes into the shop next Spring I will have the pro's double check my work and fix and/or replace as necessary.

Strip coming loose: Hmm, yeah...I'll defer to other folks here as I'm not sure how you'd go about getting that fixed. I will admit to a temp fix of a crack on the rounded edge of my roof where I used a clear piece of awning tape just to 'get me by' and it's been there all summer and probably will be all winter as I just don't know the best way to fix it (Fiberglass roof). BTW: "There is nothing more permanent than that which is temporary." At least that's how it goes sometimes, so I guess the moral of the story there is do it right the 1st time?

TPMS: HA! Yes, that's a bit funny. When I ordered mine I did order the 6 sensors but they shipped me only 4 and instead of just shipping me the two additional ones, I had to ship the entire unit back and then wait for ANOTHER two weeks to get it...sigh. But it's worth it.

GPS System: Nice! I have the higher-end model, well, it's the more expensive one at least. She's always telling me where to go!

Safe Places for Dogs: Isn't that what the basement is for? KIDDING!

And in regards to the "Grand PITA neighbors"....sigh... I WISH I had some quick fix answers. I was even thinking of starting a "whisper campaign" but couldn't figure out how to keep myself anonymous. So instead I'll just be praying the sky falls on them..(too much?)..okay..then, that they'll come to their senses.

At any rate, hope you DO get away, and I was sorta kinda thinking that we 'might' camp down towards Plummer this weekend or the next in the hopes that we could meet up and say high but my wife is having some medical issues as well, so might have to stay close to town.

BTW: Do you have the IRV2 app on your phone? You should, posting is a breeze and that you can easily ask those questions about your rig. (my actual reasoning is so we can hear from you more often...but I'm just being selfish!)

At any rate, have a great safe trip and IF you happen to swing through Spokane, let me know (I'll PM you my cell #) and we can meet up for coffee, or you could even stay in our yard overnight if need be. (Sorry, no hookups except for power and water and the power is only a 20 AMP circuit)

Alright, I think I've wasted enough time here at work and you'll probably need to rest your eyes after this long winded howdy-ya-doin message.

Pulling for you kiddo!

Tags
motorhome, trailer