Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #477

Winnebago Owners Club
That's great news. (Guess I'm still worried...I sure hope the sheriff did a positive ID on the lady who said she is Terry). But if he did talk with her, I'd really be surprised if she didn't come back here, at least for a little bit.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2018, 12:02 AM   #478

Fleetwood Owners Club
I'm rivited and waiting for the next chapter

I am waiting for my eyes to clear up from the crying jag I had earlier when a sheriff...yup, one I have come to know, pulled up outside my driveway to inquire if I was Terry.

And after a few heartfelt words with the officer, who drove away wondering why I was so doggone chatty with him instead of my online miracle worker friends...well beats the heck out of me!

So I finally snuck in to read some of the last postings and oh my goodness gracious, as I read through these postings, I kept asking the question...is she okay? What the hell happened to her? Why did she stop posting? Is she dead? Is she just mean and uncaring...doesn't she know we are concerned? What an awful person she is. Okay...I don't care if she is found, after all the worry she has caused, she doesn't deserve this wonderful cadre of RV sleuths and occasional mobile wanderers. But really...where the heck is she???

It was only later that I realized I was referring to myself and while hating is not a good thing, hating a person who is yourself by pretending to be someone other than yourself, is actually pretty mental...but it was also kind of cool… for a while.

So, yes, you guys know by now that I am not dead...a bit zombiefied and I look like one of the walking dead, but I can still talk and isn't that really the defining difference between one of the living and one of the walking dead, at least I always thought so. Although of late, movies have really been reaching for a new theme on the whole walking dead thing so who knows. I mean in Game of Thrones those guys run and use weapons with skill and carefree abandon, although they still have that shuffle down most of the time…but I do digress.

I have thought about how awesome it would be to form some kind of Private Investigator outfit because I’m telling you man!! You guys know how to get things done. Part way through my reading there was a link to the horse farms in Vaughn and I waited with baited breath (which isn’t to say that my breath is foul..least I hope not) as YES!!! You found Grand Farms…those evil demons who are my neighbors and probably eat small kittens for breakfast should not call that place Grand…because it definitely isn’t.

I read on to see how the layers of this onion were slowly and miraculously peeled away to reveal exactly what dealership the RV had been purchased from…and my heart stopped when photos were being compared to satellite images…the sheer imagination and creative genius you all displayed was breathtaking!!!

I say you call yourselves The Great Mobile Detective Agency…"You lose them…We run them down". OR how about Network of Mobile Investigators – We recreate while we investigate! I probably can think up dozens more, but I figure I had better get to the groveling and apology stuff.

I’M SORRY…I’M SO VERY SORRY…PLEASE PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR BEING SUCH AN INSENSITIVE CLOD! ACCORDING TO MY PARENTS, THEY FOUND ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD AND FELT SO SORRY FOR ME THAT THEY TOOK ME HOME. SO I’M PRETTY SURE I MUST HAVE BAD GENES TO HAVE BECOME SUCH A MEAN THOUGHTLESS PERSON.

Erh…did that work?

But truly the laundry list of reasons why I have not posted goes on and on….
Of course, there is no real good excuse for it…only stupid explanations that are mostly worthless, but there you are…that’s all I have.

I will try to be succinct, because really, I think coming up with a name for our new shiny Detective agency will be much more fun.
1. My neighbors have continued to try and block the easement so it has been almost impossible for me to use my motorhome.
2. My motorhome generator would not start, not even with the coach running. Spent the greater part of a day trying to figure out what was wrong. Finally put a charger on the batteries which didn’t appear to work so ended up driving it to the closest RV service department. I told them I thought there was a problem with the converter as nothing seemed to be working inside the coach when I parked it at home. They said the batteries were low and I must have left a bunch of things on to have drained them….um NO!
3. I had to back the motorhome down the easement road when I left since my neighbors would not allow me to use their turnaround.
4. I damaged the front end of the motorhome trying to make a turn onto the main road.
5. My neighbors attempted to poison my dogs not once but twice.
6. When I met with my neighbors to discuss a way to compromise – If you let me use your turnaround I won’t need to use the easement, which means I wouldn’t have to dig up their lawn, cut their trees and shrubs and tear down their horse corral. Their reply was just “try it” and they would make sure that I was stopped…permanently. They told me I could put in a parking pad on my lower property. When I said I did not have the money for that, I was told to get my shovel and start digging. They were kind enough to offer me their version of a compromise. If I built a 6 foot solid wood privacy fence between their property and mine, then I could periodically use their turnaround. Yes, that's right…build a hundred feet of fence so I could use their turnaround twice a year or so….gee I was all teary eyed.
7. I declined their offer.
8. They proceeded to reduce my water supply until it reached the point where I could not even take a shower.
9. When I complained I was told that their horses were more important than providing water to me.
10. When I made an appointment for a well contractor to come out to see if my water pressure could be increased, my neighbor called them and told them they would not be allowed access to the well.
11. They have allowed their dogs back onto my property where they are again attacking my dogs and destroying my fence.
12. I tried to hook the RV up to shore power and it won’t power the coach. While doing this, my batteries were drained again. Converter??….no duh. Have now had the coach for two months and my only trip has been to a repair shop.
13. I bought a GPS system…so excited, but they shipped me the wrong model.
14. I installed a security system but it wouldn’t work because it kept saying I had the wrong password. Just try contacting a security company asking that they provide you with a new password! Yeah..they weren’t too thrilled so I had to jump through hoops to get them to reset it due to a glitch in the system.
15. I did install WI-FI cameras outside and was accosted by my neighbor demanding to know why I had a camera pointed at their house.
16. They are now tearing up the vegetation behind my back fence because they want to install parking for their customers right up against my back fence.
17. They have hired an attorney who has written me a letter of complaint. One of their many requests was that I build a second fence twenty feet back from my current fence so that my dogs will be further away from their horses. Oh and one of their other requests was that I trade my motorhome in for a much smaller one!
18. I hired a better attorney.
19. I bought a gun…20 gauge semi-auto.
20. I bought a fire proof safe because well…you know.
21. I have spent countless hours boxing up some of my more valuable items and relocated them.
22. Animal Control is on my side and has cited them with an infraction which will carry a fine.
23. A couple of phone calls to the county health department and well…let’s just say, their permits have all been suspended.
24. Our only neighbor has said she will back me in any complaint against them.
25. I am now afraid they are going to kill me…I sort of say this in jest…but well….NOT

So…I have been consumed with issue after issue, bobbing and weaving when I see them looking towards me and ducking and rolling when I inadvertently make eye contact.

Oh how I miss those glory days of RV hunting with you guys and the endless questions which led to more endless questions. I still have endless questions…like did I buy the right TPMS? And is a jetpack better than a WIFI booster? So many questions.

But first…you guys! You are just the best…the very best. You make me want to ditch the house and live in my RV full time just so I can bounce around the country visiting each and every one of you. And really, I don’t need to ditch the house to do that but come on…with my neighbors! Who wouldn’t want to ditch this house. But I am just too doggone stubborn to give these evil do-ers a free pass.

So…will you let me join the new Detective agency if I promise to write more often? Puuuuleeeeze!

And finally and seriously…I missed you guys. If the truth be told, and why shouldn’t it be….I just didn’t want to post such dismal news….I wanted to be able to post up beat positive things like

“hey guys, here I am at the Grand Canyon in my new motorhome”…or
“hey all, here I am visiting Mount Rushmore” or
“Hey, that’s me standing on top of the biggest ball of twine in the world”….you know, things like that. But for now, I guess this will have to do….

So can I join??? Huh? Huh?

Missed you tooooooo Terry
OnTheMove2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #479

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Great news!! I can't believe I'm the first to respond, Tri-Moot, Ret LEO, Capt Bill and others have been much more diligent than I. Welcome back. Re: neighbors, what a freaking mess. Anyone who would poison animals has a rock for a heart, so if you start there you can pretty well assume that they are capable of anything. If you could sell that place, I think it would be the best solution, but can you? I'll add you to my prayer list and pray for the Lord's protection over you, your home and pets.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #480

That's great news. I had been reading through a rebuild thread from a gentleman in Switzerland who was doing a frame off restoration of a Winnebago. It was many pages long with all the details of not only the restoration, but also plenty of other projects here and there. It was a regular update, then suddenly nothing. It really got me thinking about what would happen if I were in the middle of one of my crazy projects and something happened to me.

Glad she's okay. Hope to hear the update soon.
Brob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #481

Winnebago Owners Club
Terry...

WOW!!! No one should have to go through all that. Well, RV problems, ok. We all have'em. But the neighbors, with threatening your life (that is SERIOUS, and you should file a police report); and attempts to kill your dogs. And on and on.

Terry, you are not letting your neighbor win by leaving (selling) that place. YOU win, by regaining your life, and moving on to a new adventure. Please cut your losses and get the heck out of there.

Thanks for coming back here to this bunch of worriers. I'm glad that you are ok.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #482

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks Brob....and many thanks for the prayers too. You are quite right. Anyone who would try and kill a couple of dogs who never hurt anyone is not right in the head or the heart. I found a broken up squirt gun in the yard which had something in it but I couldn't tell what. My youngest dog and one of my old guys started throwing up at the same time and it lasted all day. I knew it wasn't something bad in their food or else the other two would have gotten sick. Fortunately, they had ingested enough to require hospitalization. Then a few weeks ago, my two youngest dogs started throwing up. After searching, I found a plastic bag with some bits of meat in it. The meat had some kind of green stuff on it. It took them the greater part of a day to stop throwing up and they too were heading to the hospital when they started recovering.

I'm thinking that had just one dog gotten into it, it might have killed them, but since it was passed around, it just made them sick. My vet concurred that given the way only a couple of dogs would throw up suddenly and simultaneously would point to poison. I should have sent it in for testing, but I still wouldn't be able to prove it was them.

I have installed 4 hard wired security cameras outside to the house but it did not capture anything as they are mostly pointed towards entry points into the house. I also have 3 WiFi cameras which I can move around, but the dogs have about a quarter of an acre to run on so they didn't capture anything.

However, my son told me that he spotted my neighbor's hired guy approach our back fence. He kneeled down behind a tree but when my son walked out of the house and onto our front porch to watch him, he got up and walked away.

I now take regular patrols of the fence line before letting the dogs out to run.

I can't believe they are this heartless, but I should.

Just after the first of the year my little dog, Latte a Jack Russell, who was about 7 months old and weighed about 12 pounds, got out through a hole in the fence caused by the neighbor dogs who constantly charge my fence line to attack my dogs. I was in a different part of the yard so didn't see this happen. She is a friendly little dog and plays by sort of growling and jumping....like a puppy does.

I heard her crying at our fence and ran out to see her wet and shivering. My other dog KC....also a pup, but a big 50 pound pup who is part German Shepherd and part Doberman, was with her.

I brought them both inside. My little one had been bitten several times and was terrified. This hump started to swell up just above her neck and she was in a lot of pain so I rushed her to the ER where the vet told me it appeared like someone must have picked her up by the scruff of her neck and either tried to choke her or shook her really hard.

I confronted my neighbor who screamed at me that my little dog had attacked his wife. When I told him I did not believe my little dog would hurt anyone, he got so mad that I thought he was going to hit me. While yelling, he told me that Latte had run up to his wife and tried to bite her. When I asked him what his wife did to her, he said that she kicked her out of the way and both of their dogs jumped on her. It was only when KC got there that she tried to break up the fight out of concern for her dogs. KC had jumped into the fray and taken them both on and got Latte out of there, probably saved her life. I hadn't noticed until I got home from the hospital that KC too had been bitten.

So not only do I doubt they would try to poison my dogs, but my neighbor Anni tried to kill one of them with her own hands!

KC and Latte are best friends of course and the only person they furiously bark at is Anni. Gee I wonder why?

As to moving and selling....well the prior two owners did exactly that after being harrassed constantly. It would have been nice for the seller to have informed me of this! But I only found out after the fact. I just cant' see myself selling my home to someone, knowing what they would end up facing with these wackos. Plus I decided a long time ago to live by the motto that "Evil flourishes when good people do nothing". I may not be a good person exactly, but I know evil when I see it.

As for leaving my house to join in the RV lifestyle...well dang! Nobody is going to stop me from doing that. I have installed multiple cameras everywhere. And coincidentally, my neighbors, who say they don't believe I have had attempted break-ins (probably because they are the ones doing it!) mentioned to me that my cameras should have caught something as they were mounted on all 4 corners of my house (two of which can only be seen if you are on my property...so go figure right.)

Nope, I have to get my coach running and hit the road. I have a daughter who needs my help, family I haven't seen in ages and good friends (now who would that be???) whom I have never met, but who I am determined to meet.

If my house gets broken into and things are stolen...I have insurance. If it gets burned down...I have insurance. I have spent almost every day for a month gutting my house and packing up anything of real value and either hiding it, moving it or packing it in the RV.

By the way...my front door was kicked in the day AFTER I had a survey team out here posting stakes on the easement line. My neighbors were furious and chased them away. I now don't think anyone was trying to steal something...I believe someone (Who? guess! ) was trying to scare me, probably into selling and moving. That would explain the recent break in attempts as well as the sounds I used to hear of someone opening and closing my back door at night. I used to leave it open so the dogs could go in and out. This stopped after I got my cameras up.

Anyway...whew...I guess I had some more "splaining" to do....But appreciate the prayers and happy you are part of this great RV Detective squad LOL

Best, Terry
Old 09-22-2018, 11:46 AM   #483

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oops that last message was meant to be for Sho4Go...sorry about that. But really, I guess it was for everyone, other than my thanks for the prayers...truly!

Terry
Old 09-22-2018, 11:50 AM   #484

Fleetwood Owners Club
Brob...I hope I have provided a pretty good update. yeah yeah I know...words can sometimes hemorrage from my mouth and onto the page...now that's a gross visual!!!!

But you are right...people can disappear...one second they are there and the next they are gone and you never know what happened to them. Of course, not every one is so blessed as to have a great group of RV detectives at their back! I am still stunned by this.

Many people, especially seniors live alone. This is a group of vulnerable people and should never be lost.....

But I'm here. I'm not lost...you all found me...how amazing is that!!!

Best, Terry
Old 09-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #485

Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh Capt'n... you are simply awesome. You are of course quite correct. Leaving is winning if I get my life back. They have not only stolen precious moments of it, but to threaten these dogs that I love...well Dang! I just can't let that stand! I did contact the police and while they said they would come out immediately if anything were to happen, they could not do any investigating without proof. Thus my cameras.

The officer who came out yesterday remembered me and the Animal Control officers know me, and they all know that these guys are wacko. One of the AC officers told me they had been responding to calls for years about these guys.

So when my neighbor called them and told them that my little dog had viciously attacked her, they didn't believe her, especially after they came out and my neighbor could not display any bite marks or even torn clothing. They warned me to make sure and keep the fence secure so my dogs did not get out as my neighbors WOULD kill them.

Nah...I am going to hit the road and let my attorney grind them into dust. Thus far I have Animal Control, the Police, the County Health Department and even my City Council member on my side against them. I think it is time for them to go down! I just need to be elsewhere when it happens...ha ha I aint stupid!

Thanks for caring about me you ol' (not to imply you are old) worrier you! I would worry about you too if you disappeared.

Best, Terry
Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM   #486

Great to hear from you Terry. Like everyone here, I sure wish you some better luck with your neighbors. I can't imagine having to live next to such evil people.

Next time you have trouble with your coach you should make a thread here and we will try to help. We might be able to save you some $$$ and a trip to the dealer.

Glad to have you back on the forum.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #487

Glad to year you are ok...from your own words.

If you want to know how we found your info PM me and Ill let you know just so you aren't too concerned about the creepiness.

About the neighbors. They will meet their maker some day. Hopefully the karma bus will run over them sooner than later. They are bullies and bullies like to see how upset they make you. Stay away from them, talking to them does no good. Designate a third party to handle your communications. Doesn't have to be a lawyer just someone that will buffer you from them.

If it were me. I would accidentally rent the property to some meth heads and let the neighbor experience a little hell and then travel the continent in my RV after getting the generator running.

At the very least sell the house and move somewhere closer to some help. And hope someone worse than your neighbors move in.

Oh and the generator. Not really necessary unless you are boon docking an extended time. We have used it rarely. It gets run once a month to exercise it but we haven't actually relied on it for anything. I would see if you can find a repair place that can actually help you fix it in your travels.

We bought our RV with a gash in a basement door from a bollard at a gas pump probably. We had the dealer comp us for the cost of the door and haven't replaced it. Figure we might possibly make the same mistake getting used to things.

As long as the front end isnt hanging off and everything works use it. No sense fixing it now until you are sure you won't do it again.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #488

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Terry, there are also some great deals out there on the Winnebago Journey 36 ft. DL DP's. You can find some 2001 to 2003' DP's for around 50K. They should do nicely for you!!!
OCREF
2001 Journey 36 ft DL
Towing a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Big Bear Edition
OCREF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #489

Hey Terry...SOOOOOO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!

As you can tell, you were missed and very much on all our minds and hearts. And yeah, you STILL ARE!

Gosh...this neighbor has GOT TO GO! I'll second Forty-Fork's comment about the bus.

And in regards to our appearance of stalkerish behavior, I can only blame you!

I mean, you captured our hearts and imagination, and your writing skills are just too good, so we just feel empty if we don't get our WEEKLY digest of what's going on in your life. Face it...we're hooked, and your stories are the only thing that is keeping us on this forum! (Okay..maybe a little over the top?...but you get my point.)

My point is, all of us are here to help and guess what? We all have baggage! Well, not like you...I mean..your neighbors..gosh...this is going south quickly.

Just know that we are here for you and honestly, I hardly do anything to my rig before checking here 1st to see if someone's already been there and done that, and most times they HAVE!

So please don't feel funny about asking for help. And that generator thing...I bet the folks here will be able to figure that out in.....hmm, less than TWO pages of post.

Okay, so the bet is on. Start a new post, list the rig, the model, the generator make and model, and what the symptoms are, and I'll bet ya, someone will have a fix for you.

Now...if only fixing the neighbors was THAT simple.....hmmm.

Welcome back Terry!
1997 RexAir 32' Ford F53 Chassis, Banks system.
TriMoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 06:09 PM   #490

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Terry, sorry I got to the party so late but I enjoyed reading all the posts and so glad to hear that you are well. Sorry for all your problems you encountered in your RV search, but more importantly your crappy neighbors!I have been missing from this site for over a year because I was going cancer treatments. After a year finally in remission and on a two year maintenance treatment program. Forget the neighbors and get on the road, see family and friends as they are your real family too, as you have found out on this forum. God Bless and stay in touch with everyone on these forums!!!
OCREF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome, trailer