Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Does anyone know how to secure this panel?

2011 Tour QD

Does anyone know how to secure this panel? Drivers side very front of coach.The panel is about 8' wide.

Could it be a screw? If so, and idea on how you would go about getting a screw in there?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-01-12_10-58-30_01.png
Views:	43
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	272053  
Blog: bailey18.com
AllanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2020, 10:12 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ours panel has a metal brace at the bottom and a couple screws into the framing underneath. The screws face up and are accessible from the bottom.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:07 PM   #3

Onebrit

Hi
I had the same thing happen on my Winnebago Voyage the whole front drivers side fender was flapping in the wind on my return from vacation. I fixed mine from the inside wheel area I used fiber glass and coated over a metal bracket bonding it to the back inside of panel once the metal bracket is set firm you can then look to attach a metal strap to an anchor point on the coach frame. You may well have some metal bonded to the inside of yours and you can use them to use as anchor points. Pieces of angle Iron work well gives you a ready made L shape just clean area and the metal your using and coat with plenty of fiber glass once fixed no one will know you had to repair it, mine has held now for several years no sign of coming loose.
Hope this helps.
Onebrit
onebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #4

Location: 2007 jeep wrangler toad. lifted and locked.US Army Vet 1972-1975 2nd Armored Division
Fixed mine with 3M tape
G jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:06 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
AllanK, there are two angle brackets that a screwed to the inter supports. This drawing is looking at the inside.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Panel clips.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	272134  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
AllanK, there are two angle brackets that a screwed to the inter supports. This drawing is looking at the inside.
I just looked again and I have a bracket mounted to the frame with a hole, the panel also has a hole, leading me to believe a screw could be used. I can't figure out how to get a screwdriver in there.

It is hard to get a good picture but I boxed the bracket in red and the purple is where the screw appears to go.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2020-01-13_10-39-07.png
Views:	42
Size:	292.6 KB
ID:	272160  
Old 01-13-2020, 10:01 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
AllanK Looks like the panel is hinged at the top. There should be another bracket in front of the one in the picture. You may be able to remove it swing the panel out attach the angle bracket to the panel then put the screws in the from the bottom.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #8

Onebrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Ours panel has a metal brace at the bottom and a couple screws into the framing underneath. The screws face up and are accessible from the bottom.
Gordon & Janet
Just a quick follow up on what I did with my coach, when I was able to inspect closely I found that who ever assembled my front panel had used a double sided tape which I think is used as a temporary hold while a more permanent fix should have followed. I decided to make a stronger permanent anchoring method but I had the room inside my panel to do this your photo looks nothing like the assembly I had your panel looks sandwiched between an inner panel making access more difficult. Have you tried talking with Tech support at Winnebago they may be able to save you some head scratching sorry I wasn't much help good luck.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit
Old 01-14-2020, 09:41 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G jeffers View Post
Fixed mine with 3M tape
I have a tube of super glue, do you think it would work as well or should I just bite the bullet and buy a roll of 3M tape?
Old 01-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #10

Location: 2007 jeep wrangler toad. lifted and locked.US Army Vet 1972-1975 2nd Armored Division
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanK View Post
I have a tube of super glue, do you think it would work as well or should I just bite the bullet and buy a roll of 3M tape?
Most auto parts stores carry 3M tape and it's easy to use and works very well if you follow the instructions.
G jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebrit View Post
Gordon & Janet
Just a quick follow up on what I did with my coach, when I was able to inspect closely I found that who ever assembled my front panel had used a double sided tape which I think is used as a temporary hold while a more permanent fix should have followed. I decided to make a stronger permanent anchoring method but I had the room inside my panel to do this your photo looks nothing like the assembly I had your panel looks sandwiched between an inner panel making access more difficult. Have you tried talking with Tech support at Winnebago they may be able to save you some head scratching sorry I wasn't much help good luck.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit
Onebrit thanks for the information. I have come to the conclusion there may not be a consistent way they attach various panels to the coach. Ours is nothing like has been described by other owners. Our panel is firmly attached and would be easy to reattach if the screws can out.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Onebrit thanks for the information. I have come to the conclusion there may not be a consistent way they attach various panels to the coach. Ours is nothing like has been described by other owners. Our panel is firmly attached and would be easy to reattach if the screws can out.
Gordon
I'm an Old machine tool service tech I'm reluctant to recommend a double sided tape no matter how good it may sound, I sincerely hope you can reattach using the mechanical set up the manufacturer used originally. I suggested talking with Winnebago tech support they may well explain what tool or method they use to attach the panel on your coach your photo may help them help you. There are several long reach drivers that have magnetic tips that could reach the bracket your trying to reattach that might help. The other option may be to cut out a an access hole near the bracket in the inner panel that you could cover again once you have a fix I'm sure one way or another you will resolve this problem and come up with a permanent secure safe fix. I could have lost my entire front fender had it not been for someone making me pull over I couldn't see my panel from the driving position some really nice people out there. I'll keep checking back on your post don't give up you can do this if the MFG can do it so can we just need to figure how they went about the process.
Good Luck Happy to help if I can.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit
Old 01-15-2020, 08:19 PM   #13

on my 2013 i have replaced a number of self driller screws because winnie used 1 inch screws in 3/4 in tube

I cannot tell but i would guess you get to from below we an long extension phillips bit self driller taper.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #14

Gordon
Just following up on your front panel issue, have you managed to reattach yet would really be interested if your problem is now resolved.
Kindest Regards
Onebrit

Tags
panel