Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

On my coach, the doorbell is wireless. The sound unit is under the dining room table mounted on the wall. The doorbell button in the handle has a circuit card attached to generate the signal.

All look fine except the doorbell doesn't work. I've replaced the batteries, inspected all the conduits, components, wires, and connections for the obvious, but nothing jumps out at me and the system still does not work.

Before I order a new kit, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue, what you discovered and how you fixed it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:01 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On my coach, the doorbell is wireless. The sound unit is under the dining room table mounted on the wall. The doorbell button in the handle has a circuit card attached to generate the signal.

All look fine except the doorbell doesn't work. I've replaced the batteries, inspected all the conduits, components, wires, and connections for the obvious, but nothing jumps out at me and the system still does not work.

Before I order a new kit, I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this issue, what you discovered and how you fixed it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Old 11-16-2005, 03:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

You might think about a nice Brass Anchor Door Knocker. Batteries Not Required!

I almost hate to recommend it, but you might call customer service 800-537-1885 and see if they have a fix, before you go to far. If you've have a problem, I'm sure others have too.

Radarr
Old 11-16-2005, 04:29 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ua40j:
All look fine except the doorbell doesn't work. I've replaced the batteries, inspected all the conduits, components, wires, and connections for the obvious, but nothing jumps out at me and the system still does not work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Jim, Is there a coin type battery in the circuit board in the door handle?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 06:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

No battery on the board. It gets it's power from two wires coming through the outer wall into the door handle.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Radarr,

I always call Customer Service, but I do like to ask others before I do call them so that I can 'validate' what I hear from Customer Service. It's saved me some time and energy in the past.

Old 11-17-2005, 03:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

ua,

With a simple volt meter, then check to see if you have any power at the button, then at the ringer, systematically follow it back source. I still like the Shiney New Brass Anchor Door Knocker idea better.

Radarr