Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Is there a way to reseal these double pane windows? The window in the coach door as well as the sliding window at the drivers seat has developed condensation. I have read other posts that this can become very expensive.

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Is there a way to reseal these double pane windows? The window in the coach door as well as the sliding window at the drivers seat has developed condensation. I have read other posts that this can become very expensive.

300 HP Cat Diesel
Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GaDawgFan:
Is there a way to reseal these double pane windows? The window in the coach door as well as the sliding window at the drivers seat has developed condensation. I have read other posts that this can become very expensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you have a full glass state they should be able to replace your window at little or no cost to you.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Mike, could you explain what you just posted????????

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Florida (for example) has mandated that insurance companies will replace vehicle glass that is broken with zero deductible as a standard feature of the policy.

I don't know exactly what the terms or conditions are, but every glass claim I have had with State Farm (recent broken windshield with the coach AND Jeep from Alaska) has been paid in full with no money from my wallet.

Don't have a clue if obscuration (fogging) of side glass would be covered.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I wonder if they would replace glass that is not directly used to drive from...windshield is a must but what about directly behind the driver?
campernut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

GaDawgFan: I have the same fogging window problem with my Suncruiser. Atwood has not responded to e-mails concerning it. I am told the double pane front windows are made by them.
I have reported the problem twice to NHTSA, they have indicated they have started a file, that was 2-3 years ago and have not heard a word from them since. It is a significant safety matter, when they fog up and in the winter you cannot see the side mirrors at all. I was quoted $1600.00 each for replacements. I tried to have them replaced with automotive tempered glass, I am told by the local glazier, it can't be done. IMHO this should be a re-call item. If any one has found a way to correct this with in reason, sure would like to hear from them. I have two that way, one on either side of the passenger compartment, Class A.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Forward window on the passenger side (non sliding) was completley fogged up on the coach I just bought. Went to a glass shop and they removed the inside glass so that I could see the mirrors.

New double pane from Winnie 172.00 plus freight, plus installation at a Rv shop.

Don't have the final total but will keep you posted. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Thanks for info, ichn2go, best prices I have heard yet. Winnie were the people that referred me to "Atwood". I will re-check with them, this has been about two years now. Please let us know how it goes for you. It is a major problem.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Captain Bud:
Mike, could you explain what you just posted???????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Some state's insurance regulations mandate that an insurance company issue full glass coverage. In Connecticut for instance any window on a motor vehicle that is broken or otherwise obscured is replaceable under the terms of the policy owner's insurance called "Full Glass". w/ a "zero deductible."

I believe that SC is also a full glass state.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Member"

Posted April 22, 2006 06:43 AM Hide Post
I don't know how they might consider your request, but I would ask. Several of my double pane windows have done the same thing. The 1 that I had a problem with was the passenger side front. It fogged up so bad that it was a safety issue as you could not see through it into the mirror to check the traffic on the side or behind you. Cost of replacement at the selling dealer, 600.00. We now have the bedroom flip out window and the top driver side (stationary) windows all fogger up. It's not a safety issue so we'll let her ride. Good luck in getting your issue resolved. I'd say they are bad windows to begin with.
I'LL Have to order me some extras at that price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobpie, April 23, 2006 11:17 AM

2001 32-V Suncrusier,Ford V-10,1 slide;no leaks,03malibu toad sometimes,Blackhawk all terrain towbar,Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I am going to call Winnebego and give it a try, but not holding my breath. The coach is 7 years old and I am the second owner. I will post their response here.

300 HP Cat Diesel