Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2018, 09:17 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Driver's door power window

Adventurer 2002 drivers window does not work. At first it was intermittent - then complerely inoperable. I have spoken to Winnebago at least twice to find a circuit diagram and fuse/circuit breaker without success. They also have no diagram to disassemble the driver's door (inside) panel to check out switch & motor.
Does anyone have experience and advice on how to procede? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
dhwgulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

Can you post a pic of that area?
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:20 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Bob,
I will try, but I am unfamiliar with procedure to post pictures.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #4

Easy with a smart phone....install forum app......
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #5

2002 was the first year for the power window. The 2001 model had a manual crank window. But, as you note, I don't see the power window wiring on the automotive wiring diagram. The 2003 diagrams do show one however. Good chance the 2003 diagram will work for you. (My 2004 diagrams are different though, different style switch. If for some reason the 2003 doesn't look quite right, might try the 2004.)

The door itself was supplied by Atwood. you'll find other folks trying to find the power window motor here at irv2.com if you search. Atwood has been sold/taken over/whatever quite a few times since then. It's pretty hard to get solid information now. Hopefully yours is just a fuse or a bad switch.

An example:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/repl...dv-380002.html

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
tderonne,
Thanks for the info. I have managed to remove the unit from the window and have disconnected the motor from the drive/regulator. Motor runs smoothly with no load, but I cannot reconnect the motor to the drive (should have checked them both before separating).
Also don't know whether the cable is binding.
If you have other ideas I would love to hear them!!!
Thanks,
Old 06-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #7

Did you find this thread?

Might have to poke around in a bit, but he disassembled and reassembled his regulator.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:42 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks again.
I have not taken the drive cable off - so far I can't get the motor drive shaft back into the regulator gear box. Thought I better be able to do that before I tackle a bigger job.
Old 06-27-2018, 06:44 AM   #9

dhwgulf, I had same problem could not get the motor
to seat in the reg. gear box. So I was had no other choice
but to replace the motor with the Explorer motor.
From rock auto, $43.00.....coopcolt
coopcolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 04:04 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks to all who responded to my request for info on 2002 Adventurer driver"s side power window!!![emoji2]
I ended up taking the whole window drive out of the window - never found the cb/fuse for the circuit. Replaced the entire unit, since I could not pinpoint the problem. The motor operated fine with no load, but the gear case which drives the worm gear seemed to have some resistance. The worm gear/cable appeared to be ok but no way to determine whether where it was binding.
The new unit came from Winnebago Industries with no instructions. It must be a generic unit since I had to make several mods to install in my rig. I was concerned about limit stops, but it works like s charm - all buttoned up and ready to roll.
Thanks again to all.

Tags
door, driver, power, window