Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #1

On my 02 Journey I got tired of the bed lifting routine and installed a slide channel on the side of the bed infront of the existing filter screen and simply slide in an additional filter on the outside. You can monitor the dirt buildup easily and it is not visable from the foot of the bed...Sure makes a filter chaeck and change easy...the inside filter never gets dirty now....hope this tip helps....RKL
RKL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2005, 01:26 PM   #2

On my 02 Journey I got tired of the bed lifting routine and installed a slide channel on the side of the bed infront of the existing filter screen and simply slide in an additional filter on the outside. You can monitor the dirt buildup easily and it is not visable from the foot of the bed...Sure makes a filter chaeck and change easy...the inside filter never gets dirty now....hope this tip helps....RKL
Old 12-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
RKL,
If your telling us you actually doubled the filtering media, you can create a problem for the fan motor. Doubling the filter media is like having a dirty filter, which can cause your fan motor to work harder, get hot and burn up.

This year at the GNR, a friend of our had his coach in for service on his heat pump/AC. They had the unit out of the coach working on the condensor and I saw somehting that I didn't like.
The heat pump/ac unit is slide back into to place on rails and the blower housing plentium rest against the incoming plentium. There is a cheap foam gasket between, which on my freinds coach, had been position properly and allowed road dirt and debris to enter the intire interior of the unit. His heat pump/ac was filthy beyond reason. It was no wonder he was having problems, these unit must be clean and free of dirt and grim. That's the reason for a good gasket, being proplerly placed and maintaining clean filters.

I four increase the filter media, you can actually cause your heat pump/ac unit to also draw air from any place that it can. If you'd be so fortunite to have a poorly placed gasket also, you could be creating even worse proplems.

Our friend within the last three weeks, finally got his unit fix; he has been waiting since July for parts, which were not available from Winnebago and Coleman.

radarr
Old 12-27-2005, 07:32 AM   #4

Radaar...your comments are well taken...thanks....RKL