Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2016, 04:56 AM   #1

Electrical problems

My outlets won't work while plugged in. All gfi outlets have been checked. One outlet works, back by the entertainment center by the bed. All systems and outlets work with genset. Showing 125 volts at the one outlet when plugged in. Any help out there. Thanks in advanced.
Hoganism is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-20-2016, 05:15 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
The 1 outlet working when on shore power is probably run off the inverter. With everything working OK of the generator I'd then suspect the transfer switch as the problem.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
The 1 outlet working when on shore power is probably run off the inverter. With everything working OK of the generator I'd then suspect the transfer switch as the problem.

agree. when you plug in/unplug from shore power you should hear a 'clunk' sound. that's the transfer switch switching from shore power to genny and back. if you aren't hearing that noise then I'd bet $ the switch is stuck on the default (genny) side. the switch housing is likely in the same compartment where your electrical cord terminates. some folks reporting the same problem have had some success lightly tapping the switch housing with a rubber mallet. otherwise you'll need to unplug, remove the housing and check to be sure all of the connections are clean and tight.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The 2000 Horizon Brochure shows that the 30-amp cord is standard and the 50-amp cord and the 1,500-watt inverter are both optional for the 36LD. How is your coach configured?

Here are the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram and Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagrams for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #5

Thanks to all. I agree the transfer switch is probably the culprit and have service scheduled to replace. I am always amazed at the amount of resource this forum can provide.
Hoganism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, ems, problems