Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Hi Gang,
Our '04 Brave 34D has two slides. Does anyone know where I am supposed to mount the emergency hand crank to pull the slides in, should *God forbid*, I would ever need to? Right now it's hanging on it's storage mount in the way of the Shureflow pump.
Shuddering at the thought,
AKBrick
Old 06-25-2005, 05:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hi Gang,
Our '04 Brave 34D has two slides. Does anyone know where I am supposed to mount the emergency hand crank to pull the slides in, should *God forbid*, I would ever need to? Right now it's hanging on it's storage mount in the way of the Shureflow pump.
Shuddering at the thought,
AKBrick
Old 06-25-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think you pull up the heat duct register and it fits in that slotted hole.

I bought my MH used and I have never found the winch, is there a special mount in the wet bay ? how about on a Journey DL ? anyone know.

I keep saying I'm going to order one, but I was hoping it was stored someplace.

Others can confirm.

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hi El Jeffe,
The heater vents sound like a good place to start looking.
My winch is located on the upper lefthand wall in the water heater/storage across from the water heater. On my coach it's pretty obvious since you see it as soon as you open up the bin door. This is the front bin on the right side.
AKBrick
Oh yeah, there are two screw heads sticking out of the wall that you slide the winch mount over and on and it hangs on those. So if you see something like that all by their lonesome that's probably where it went.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

AK
You should be able to find the directions in the owners manual. On our Adventurer, you hang it over the step well(it has an "L" shaped bracket and attach the stap to the seat belt of the couch. Run the Seat belt under the couch so it pulls straight. You will need to release the hydraulic pressure by loosing the valve on the HWH control. The manual will tell you which valve to loosen, then just crank it in. I have been tempted to cut 2 2x4s to the length that they would fit between the slide flange and the side of the coach to hold it shut if I ever had a problem. So far we have not had a problem with ours. Ours does not have a bedroom slide, but the manual said to release the valve and have someone help you push the bedroom slide in. You don't use the crank in the BR slide, at least on the 01 Adventurers.
Maybe you won't ever need it. Ours is just stored loose in one of the bins.
Good Luck,
SeaRay
Old 06-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks SeaRay,
Great input. My coach is in the shop getting some "shakedown" bugs taken care of. My owners manuals are in there. Thanks for the good input everyone.
AKBrick
Old 06-25-2005, 05:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Yep front slide use the step. Rear slide push in by hand.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote