Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

EMS Display Readings

My EMS display does not recognize a 50 amp service. It displays 30 amps instead. I have power to all appliances and fixtures. Seems like it might be a bad board. Does anyone have any quick fix recommendations? 2006 Winnebago Vectra. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
yworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
doc
Winnebago Owner

I don't think it will actually show the number '50'. Our previous Itasca DP did not and our current 08 Essence Damon does not. '30' does show up and it will actually show the amount of power being pulled. On fifty amp it does not. Probably nothing wrong with your unit

Read your post again. Is it show 30 when plugged into 50 amp? If so, have you checked the breakers in your main panel?
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes, you are correct. It did not display anything when I was plugged into a 50 amp service before but now it shows 30 amps. All breakers have been checked and all appliances work fine.
yworry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My EMS does not show 50 amps. It goes dark. 30 amp it is lit up and displays "30".
Old 07-14-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

try the disconnect on the dash and see if it resets. Thats what I did a couple nights ago when the whole display was dark connected to 50 amps. Worth a shot.
KA7UYZ NRA Endowment Member Retired Fire Service
dnystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Mine is the same. A few years ago it stopped being blank when plugged into 50A and always shows 30A and the amperage draw, including shutting down the appliances when it goes above 30A. Fortunately, the amperage reading is erratic - I can have the AC, Microwave, fireplace, and W/D going and it may only read 12 amps, so it seldom goes into it's shutdown routine. I've tried all the usual fixes (unplugging inverter, circuit breaker resets, all the suggestions on this forum), but nothing works. I just live with it, it's not worth it to me to replace the circuit board and have it happen again.

Our blog
Keith K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Check to see that all the circuit breaker n your panel are turned on. The EMS uses two sense lead connected to both sides of the breaker panel to sense 50 amp service. These leads are
connected to two of the breakers and if one of them is turned off, the EMS will indicate a 30amp service.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yworry View Post
My EMS display does not recognize a 50 amp service. It displays 30 amps instead. I have power to all appliances and fixtures. Seems like it might be a bad board. Does anyone have any quick fix recommendations? 2006 Winnebago Vectra. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This vintage coach did have some bad PC boards from Intellitec. I replaced ours many moons ago when the board went bad with the same indications you have. Intellitec supplied board, no charge.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote