Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #1

Exercised the Coach Today

Weather here in Rochester has been great for the past 2 weeks. Soon to change, however. Cold front with snow moving in next week.

I took the coach out today for an exercise run. Roads were clean and dry, with little to no salt dust. Put about 25 miles on the coach, monitoring the transmission temperature as my indicator of heating the coach up. Got it up to 135F. Ran the generator with the heat pump running, for about 45 minutes. All systems ran well.

Back to the barn for another 6 weeks or so, and then hopefully off to Florida, if the weather cooperates.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #2
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Back to the barn for another 6 weeks or so, and then hopefully off to Florida, if the weather cooperates.
Come on down!

It's much nicer down here.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Pusherman,

I happen to be a Rochester native, born and raised, spent 49 years of my life in the town. Still have a brother living on Mt Read Blvd. around the Stone Rd. Area. Another brother living on West Lake Conesus Rd. and still another on top of a hill over looking Dansville. Spent 31 years at Kodak, then came out to Hollywood in '93 to work in the motion picture film industry. Just now setting my sights on Alaska in May, then back to Southern CA for the wintertime. Should be heading back across the country in the spring of 2011 to spend time with my siblings in Rochester, a sister at the Thousand Islands, and another sister living in the Berkshires of Connecticut. Then snowbird to Florida for the winter.

Say hello to the Big Yellow Box which is more like the little orphan box with only 6-8 thousand people now working there. I remember when there were over 60 some thousand people employed by Kodak. How times have changed.

Take care and have a safe journey to Florida.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pusherman;

I took mine out this week also. I took it to the shop for installation of the new heater box assembly. The front cap will have to be removed to install it. Wish me luck. I am looking forward to meeting up with you in FL.
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:59 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Dr4Film,
You brought back a lot of memories for me. I grew up in Rochester, lived on Standish Road near Stone Road and went to the 1000 Island's every summer for 11 years. Both my parents retired from Eastman Kodak but I have been gone for about 40 years. Thanks for sharing.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #6

I too am a graduate of the yellow-box, having worked there over 24 years. I also recognize all the locations in the above posts, being a Rochester resident for over 30 years now.

Great place to live -- but it's hard to camp in all this snow....
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote