Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Expanded Winnebago Discussion area

Over the years we've had a lot of requests to have an expanded discussion area for Winnebago owners. This (current) section of the forum is enormous and finding tech info and specific content has become a challenge. We have over 20,000 threads in this section of the forum alone. It's time for some improvement and an expanded structure to help out Winnebago owners and wanna-be owners. We need some growing room.

After wrestling with various ways to do this, the best solution seems to be to set up a whole new website with expanded sections and structure to support a wide variety of Winnebago discussions. These will include tech sections for RV systems, individual sections for Class A,B and C motorhomes, sections for Travel trailers and travel and adventure. It's a big and complicated project.

The new forum is intended to be an compliment to iRV2 but will be a stand alone forum. We'll have the ability to host manuals and historical info as well as have a new albums section for great Winnie pics. We'll also have a rig registry specifically for Winnie owners. iRV2 members who are currently posting in this section of the board will have courtesy accounts set up on the new forum as well as retaining membership here at iRV2. The Winnebago section here at iRV2 will of course, remain open for all members.

Over the next few days we'll post up some details but I wanted to give you a heads up. We are very excited about this and anticipate that both the new forum and the existing one at iRV2 will grow.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2017, 11:08 PM   #2

Hey Janet,
That sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure I can grasp all of what you're intending on doing that's that much different from what we have now. But, I surely applaud any and all improvements to this forum. It's a great place to convey ideas, answers, questions and more. Since the advent of Photobucket closing its doors to hosting photos, I'm struggling to get some of mine loaded to IRV2s photo storage and be able to post them when I need to. Haven't done it yet. Still learning.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:50 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hey Janet,
That sounds pretty cool. I'm not sure I can grasp all of what you're intending on doing that's that much different from what we have now.
Scott, there will be a new standalone forum, on a different domain (web address) just for Winnebago products. And it will be divided into multiple sections rather than what we have here with all WBGO RV's combined. So there will be a towable section and a Class C section, a Class A section, etc.

The company that owns IRV2 already does this for Forest River RVs.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the information Janet, will be anticipating the new site!

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:17 AM   #5

This is both good and bad. A lot of issues that other types of RV's have may pertain to Winnebago's and vice versa. That said, I'll be joining the other site as soon as it's available
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchyBoy View Post
This is both good and bad. A lot of issues that other types of RV's have may pertain to Winnebago's and vice versa. That said, I'll be joining the other site as soon as it's available
I agree. IMO it would be better to just have those segments Janet describes broken down as subforums on IRV2.

Either way I will join both forums.

Thanks for the heads up.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:07 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I think we'll all find that the new winnie forum website will be a much improved place to discuss our RVs. IRV2 will still be here for those that prefer that. And, believe me stuff would get lost here with a dozen or more subforums.

Before owning my WBGO I owned a Forest River Class C and the Forest River forum was really very helpful. Most important I could ask questions and see answers about MY Class C with other similar owners. Questions about Forest River Class Bs, Class As, Travel Trailers and other towables were in their own section and not crowding out the discussions on the RVs that I was interested in.

This is a very good thing - and as Janet said, the IRV2 Winnie Owners forum will still be here for those that prefer it.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:13 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Interesting. Taking some of the confusion and complexity created in this forum and moving it to another location. While this could make the IRV2 forum less cluttered it will make owning and researching a WGO product more complex. Which forum do I use to research and post questions on? Where do I post my AquaHot or Inverter or fridge questions? Will the search engine check both sites or do I have to search both?

Will look forward to the implementation.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:03 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Looking forward to the new website. If it comes anywhere close to the Tiffin RV Network you will have done a tremendous service to Winnebago owners. I really hope the Navion/View section takes off as it is hard to find a central location to get and exchange good information.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:13 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
Looking forward to the new website. If it comes anywhere close to the Tiffin RV Network you will have done a tremendous service to Winnebago owners. I really hope the Navion/View section takes off as it is hard to find a central location to get and exchange good information.
I agree and I look forward to the new site. On the other hand I look forward to comments on this forum from owners who don't necessarily own Winnebago products.

I'm sure it will be good and there will be lots of great info to pass along. Hopefully we won't prohibited from linking to threads on this forum so questions that have been answered in detail don't have to hashed out all over again.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKIQPilot View Post
I agree and I look forward to the new site. On the other hand I look forward to comments on this forum from owners who don't necessarily own Winnebago products.

I'm sure it will be good and there will be lots of great info to pass along. Hopefully we won't prohibited from linking to threads on this forum so questions that have been answered in detail don't have to hashed out all over again.
Linking will be absolutely fine and in fact there will be links from this current discussion area at iRV2 to the new forum to help folks navigate the change. We are working to this process as seamless as possible. We are looking forward to being able to spread in the more flexible platform of a stand alone site; it means we will be able to add new sections to the site as the Winnebago line evolves.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 09-13-2017, 12:53 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Will the present Country Coach forum be kept or moved into the Winne site?
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Will the present Country Coach forum be kept or moved into the Winne site?

Both the current Winnebago Forum at iRV2 and the Country Coach forum will remain here at iRV2. There will be links, however to the new site from these areas as an option. Discussion threads can be started at either site as you see fit and at the new site there will be ample room for Country Coach topics.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 09-13-2017, 02:00 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Vintage Sub-Topic for New Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Over the years we've had a lot of requests to have an expanded discussion area for Winnebago owners. This (current) section of the forum is enormous and finding tech info and specific content has become a challenge.
I don't follow the current Winnebago owners group too closely as the majority are newer coach owners. Since I own a 1988 (non-computerized), most topics/discussions don't apply to me. I'd like a way find and discuss issues with owners of older Winnies.
Regenerative Carbon Farmer, RVM #161
RE_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago