Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

just wondering if anyone has tried the eze kleen sewer line and what they think of it THANKS BRUNTER
Old 10-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

just wondering if anyone has tried the eze kleen sewer line and what they think of it THANKS BRUNTER
Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Not me - do you have a link?

Even though I buy the best sewer hose I can find, they seem to last about 4-5 months of continuous use. Dragging them across the gravel causes pinholes to develop and then in the trash it goes . I'll be buying yet another hose next week when we are in Tucson for the Datastorm rally.

I keep looking for a hose cover to buy, but haven't found one yet. I might have to make my own.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:34 AM   #4
KIX
Winnebago Master

John,
Go to an awning "builder" shop and have them make a simple sleeve of Sunbrella fabric to cover your hose. Works great.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Here's the link:
"The patented EZE Kleen System solves your worst RV sewer pipe problems, so you can enjoy your RV experience without the odor, mess or expense of those outdated corrugated hoses."

I wonder what these systems look like when you're on the road? And how vulnerable are they to getting torn off?

Duner
Old 10-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

KIX - I have some leftover Sunbrella from our boating days and a walking foot sewing machine - I might just whip one up. Wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to make one. BTW - Sunbrella is excellent sun protection (sail covers, etc.) but it is not good at resisting abrasion.

Bill - thanks for the link! I looked at the product and it isn't for me. Storage would be a huge issue and then you have to drag it out and set it up. Not something I want to do after a long day on the road.

It does look like it might be a good sewer system for those who don't move around very much.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #7
KIX
Winnebago Master

John,
RE: abrasion......just don't drag it. You may want to sew a couple of "rope pockets" in each end so you can insert a drawstring to secure it around the hose.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

John,

Here is the sewer hose I use. It is triple wrapped for extra protection against punctures. I find I still replace it annually. I also use a clear connector prior to the hose.

Sewer Hose
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The best sewer solution I found is the SANI-CON. I installed this macerator pump three years ago and have not invested another penny. This system also allows you to transfer grey tank into black for the wash-out, or for more grey storage if you need the extra capacity. The system also has a grey water by-pass that lets grey water drain out. It will pump the waste product up and through a 3/4 inch line to any sewer drain or sewer wash-out you or the neighbor has.

Check it out on the web and/or call SANI-CON. The install takes a few hours and most of that was carefully running a direct 12 volt line to the battery. Good luck.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote