Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > General Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Fantastic Fan Vent Cover?

I am planning to install vents over the Fantasic fans. I have been told that the Max air will slow down the volume of air movement. Camping World also has one that looks like a clone to the Max. The" proper one" is several dollars more, but is made for the FF. I am wondering if anyone has used the lower priced vents, and if so did you notice a major difference ?

Equinox Toad
stearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I actually would buy from Fan-Tas-Tic fan before another company. Last year (I think) they said at the Winnebago Grand National Rally they were coming out with the vent covers as a new item. They had one there and said it is designed so it does not affect the air flow. They do not recommend covers because they do slow down the air movement, but people want covers so they decided to build one that would not hinder air flow. My current MH was a year old when I bought it and had the Max Air covers on. One of the first things I did was to take them off.

IMO they are a great company and take care of the customer. Had a friend need a cover not long ago, attachment holding lift arm broke, and they replaced it at no cost. Coach is several years old. I am told they now do charge for shipping though.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I found the Max Air II an easy install. If it restricts the flow I can't tell.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
I found the Max Air II an easy install. If it restricts the flow I can't tell.
X2, had them on my TT and now on the MH. Rarely run the fans any higher than low speed.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We used the MaxAir, Fan / Mate below on our 2 Fantastic Fan's. It's recommended for Fantastic Fan's and works great

62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
We used the MaxAir, Fan / Mate below on our 2 Fantastic Fan's. It's recommended for Fantastic Fan's and works great
X2 We had this type installed six months ago and have had no problems. The fans still circulate air well enough for us. This is the type recommended for use with Fantastic Fans

I believe Fantastic recently began selling their own cover; you can see it on their website. For several years they resisted covers and tried selling their rain sensor models as an alternative. However, a cover lets you do something a rain sensor can never do--operate the fan in the rain which is the reason we wanted the cover.
docj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post

How difficult is the installation process? -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Easy install. I've had two in place for 9 years. Had one cheaper one on the throne room vent but it cracked apart around the mount screws after 3-4 years so I added a third MaxAir. I have noticed no ill effects, and they protect the vent lids from UV and hail damage

Tags
fan, vent