Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 03:51 PM   #1

Question Fiberglass Rear lower body fenders and front and rear access doors breaking loose

Has anyone had this issue with their 2002 Itasca horizon DP 39' MH
Fiberglass Rear lower body fenders and front and rear access doors breaking loose.
I keep having the fiberglass parts breaking loose from their mounting brackets. The lower rear molding below the diesel pusher compartment access panel just broke loose from the metal brackets on one side of the motor home. They are attached to the metal brackets with a fiberglass bonding agent like a Bondo material. Has anyone had this issue and if so what did you do. I have had this motor home into Camping world 3 times now and they have not fixed it yet.
any ideas???
I'm in Bluff Utah right now using Gorilla tape to hold it on right now. heading to MOAB UT. tomorrow.
Thanks in advance.
bruce Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We also have a Itasca Horizon, 2005. We were in Colorado when we noticed both our front fenders had broken free from the brackets that held them in place. The brackets looked like they were held with some type of bondo. We went to several places and were told to take it back to dealer, well we were along way from a dealer so we went to the hardware store and told them our problem, we left with a bottle of Gorilla glue and some medium size adjustable clamps (the type your can use to go in either direction, with a squeeze handle). Put the Gorilla glue (we used a toothbrush for the Gorilla glue) around the bracket and clamp to the fender you may need to use small blocks of wood to help support the clamps.
Remember the Gorilla glue really expands - we probably used a little too much, but we wanted it to hold. It swells all around the bracket and on to the fender. It dried overnight, but we let it set 2 days while we were in the campground. The Gorilla glue will turn yellow when it dries, but we just spray painted it black. It has been holding for 5-6 years now with no problems. If you have any questions you can email me at diane98@yahoo.com. Good luck with your repairs!
Diane98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #3

You may want to post this in the "Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum" or have a moderator move this thread over there as this is a common problem. I had both my front generator access panel and the rear access panel break loose on my Meridian just before I sold it and used JB Weld to temporarily secure but let the new owner know the problem so he could take further action such as using screws or rivets if he chose to do so.

Here's a few threads on panels coming loose on Winnebagos and what others did to remedy it (and you can do a search for more as there are quite a few threads about this from years past on this forum):

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/fron...on-185789.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/rear...on-166868.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/fron...ir-184846.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/regl...me-212175.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/meridian-hood-attachment-adhesive-failures-242168.html
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door