Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Fill Power Gear Hydraulic Fluid

Have a 2010 Winnebago Journey with Power Gear jacks and get occasional 'jacks down' alarm. Fluid is probably just a little low, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get fluid in reservoir. It's a horizontal tank, and there's the float and what appears to be the breather on top of the tank. When I turn the 'breather' it just spins, it's not threaded. Winnebago says this is the fill point. Has anyone added fluid to this reservoir, and if so - how?
Skip Yates
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Skip y , it might just be a push in breather with a rubber grommet like a breather on a valve cover on a car! Try to pull it straight out working it in a circular motion. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Be sure your jacks are in the "UP" position when checking/filling tank. Don't ask me how I know to do it this way :-(
Old 11-14-2016, 06:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Y View Post
Have a 2010 Winnebago Journey with Power Gear jacks and get occasional 'jacks down' alarm. Fluid is probably just a little low, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get fluid in reservoir. It's a horizontal tank, and there's the float and what appears to be the breather on top of the tank. When I turn the 'breather' it just spins, it's not threaded. Winnebago says this is the fill point. Has anyone added fluid to this reservoir, and if so - how?
Skip Yates
My Forza fills by pulling the breather straight up and out. As others have stated be sure that all hydraulics are in the retracted position.

From experience it doesn't have to be very low to set off the alarm.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

The plug just pulls up, and yes make sure the jacks are retracted. If you fill when they are down you will have a fine mess when you retract them. I am not admitting anything!!!
Cousin Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On mine the chrome breather cap will spin on the threaded nut below if it's too tight. I had to use a wrench below the chrome cap.
garys 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Like others, my chrome breather spins and you push it down to engage the turny part.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Y View Post
Skip Yates
Thanks to all! It required a stiff pull with a twist and the cap popped off. Added about a pint, we'll see if that eliminates the sporadic 'jacks down' alarm
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluid, hydraulic, power, power gear