Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

Floor is sagging

My 1992 Adventurer pusher which I only bought last fall has given me many challenges so far and I've had lots of good advice from this forum. The latest is that the floor feels spongie from the top of the door entrance to about 8 feet towards the rear. I am on my second trip right now, unloaded the compartment under the door area and I see there is a sissor jack and piece of wood way back in a hard to reach area under the floor. Must have been a problem that my uncle had.(He has passed on and that's why I have the RV). There are some screws that I also found that look like they fell out from somewhere in the area.

My question is how do I get at this floor to find out what the problem is? Hard to access from below. Do I have to rip up the carpet etc? Has anyone had this problem? I have not called Winnebego yet.

Thanks in advance to all replies. If there is a spell check I don't know how or where to find it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronkoro View Post

Thanks in advance to all replies. If there is a spell check I don't know how or where to find it.
when you are in the EDIT Mode (writing a message or replying) look up to the right of the window and look for the following iceon: ABC√

It's exactly above the center row of smilies!

It will ask you to install ieSpell Check. It works very well, it's easy to install and it's simple to use.

RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:24 AM   #3

driver ... here in wisconsin ICEON is where we put our beer on a hot summer day

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
driver ... here in wisconsin ICEON is where we put our beer on a hot summer day
skigramp,
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:21 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
From what I understand the floor will have to come up. It's from weathering over the years and there really isn't much that can be done other then just pulling the wood up and replacing it. I have to do this with my 74 Winnie. However, mine is due to a roof leak. Two things will kill a floor very quickly. Water and just moisture riot. If your in a high humidity area there just isn't much you can do. Plus the temp change over time will cause the floor to flex and it just gets weak. Now how you replace it is up to you. I am told the best and easiest way is to remove all the cabinets and stuff and do it wall to wall. Now this is on my 74 so I don't have a whole lot of electronics. However on yours it may be a different story. You can cut out the bad sections but you will have to make sure that you cut it to a joint to joint...
poppatello is offline   Reply With Quote