Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2010, 04:17 PM   #1

fog light fuse and relay 99 adventurer 37g ford chasis

I believe I shorted out the circuit when changing bulb. No power to the light . Wiring diagram shows fuse and relay. Have checked all fuses I could find.

Anybody have any suggestions as to where this one is. thanks
Big Bear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2010, 05:02 PM   #2

The fog light fuse on my Discovery 38' is in the main chassis panel in the bin located aft of the left rear tire.I would get out my Wire Tacker on this one. Electricians tool that can tell you where a wire goes to. Two part tool, one part hooks to wire at light or start point and sends low volt signal thru wire, other part is a sensor and picks up signal and makes noise when held near the wire you're looking for. You can hook sender to fog light bulb wire and search around various panels till you get a tone. Same way they do telephone wire locates when looking for buried lines. GB Industries Wire Tracker model # GET - 4110T. About the same size as a cell phone. Also connects to tv coax, telephone and wall plugs besides the alligator clip. I think I got mine at home depot or lowes for $35 but well worth trying to trace out endless wires in these vehicles. Can tell you if the wire is broken too because if theres no tone or signal at the fuse end theres a break. Could be your problem. Dont use mine alot but one of the best tools I have.
Good Luck
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:34 PM   #3

thanks-I,m still a week out from home-I have a tracker for 120v will look for one for low voltage when I get home_ My panel is under dash in front so you suggestion is very good
Big Bear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #4

Your tracker should work on low volt also, but I could be wrong cause mine has no voltage rating. I'd really miss my fogs at night, really light up the road or I aim one up to watch for tree limbs at night, as long as no one is bothered by this. Eyes arent as sharp as they used to be. Guess thats why the really fancy rigs have rooftop spots on them. Tree limb finders.
Thanks for the response.
KC
Clonetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:29 AM   #5

Fog Light

I just went through something similar with my headlight DRL's on my 2002 Itasca Suncruiser 37G. I was convinced I had blown a fuse or relay, and it turned out to be two (2) bad bulbs...

There is a fuse panel under the dash pod. Mine flips up and the chassis fuses were on the far left, toward the door, under a small cover. The Ford chassis book has the fuse identification guide.

The relays and fuses are located under the hood. Mine were mounted dead center above the radiator. The cover is hinged and took a minute or so to figure out how to get it open. The release latch is on the bottom. The identification guide is also in the OEM Ford chassis manual.

A huge THANK YOU to Winnebago for posting the wiring schematics on-line. They were a life saver.

Good Luck !
Mike in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote