Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #1

Fog light replacement

I have a 2002 Journey DL 36GD. Can anyone tell me how to remove the passenger side fog light? It appears to be burnt out. Thanks.
limandlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If they are like mine on my 04 Itasca, Meridian, and are about 3in round they are held in place by two small Allen head bolts. On the back of the housing there are 4 small screws that you have to take off to access the bulb. Hope this helps !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by limandlin View Post
I have a 2002 Journey DL 36GD. Can anyone tell me how to remove the passenger side fog light? It appears to be burnt out. Thanks.
My '02 has the 5" round lights. You can replace the 55 watt halogen bulb in those. Get under the rig and you will see a single nut that you must remove so you can remove the entire light out the front opening. A clip holds the bulb in the light.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #4

Thanks for your replys. I have the same foglights as smlranger. After removing the nut holding the light in place, it was an easy task to open the bulb case and remove the light. The "light" consists of the bulb, fixture and pigtail wire. The replacement part can be found at NAPA (55 watt) and cost about $7.
limandlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:33 PM   #5

I replaced my fog lights with some nice driving lights that really work well. I used the same wiring and dash switch. Check these out.
Street Scene Driving Lights, Street Scene Lighting Kits
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:36 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For those of us with the 5" round lights, these Mustang/Ranger lights are a perfect fit replacement:

87-93 Mustang SMOKED Fog Lamp Body w/ Plastic lens. Plug and bracket - Pair Matches great w/ our smoked Headlights!!!! at Blue Oval Industries for your Ford Mustang @ Blue Oval Industries

One of my fog lamp lenses was broken (rock??) so I have used these to replace both lights, keeping the one good original light as a spare.