Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2017, 05:08 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Fog lights inop

Hi everyone, I'm looking for assistance with my fog lights. I've replaced the broken OEM with LED but I'm not getting power. I've checked the fuses in the engine compartment and they are good, didn't know which one so I checked all of them, I've checked continuity between left and right side, it's good. Am I missing a fuse somewhere else? My next move is to cut off the terminals and check for power, help me obituary wan
ussnewco is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2017, 05:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have you tried reversing the power leads? LED,s are fussy about power polarity! My mechanic showed me that lesson when my new clearance lights did no work.
Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:28 PM   #3

Tom-

If you haven't done so already, download all the wiring diagrams for your coach. You can get them through this Winnebago link. Start by downloading the "Electrical Parts Identification List," "Wiring Identification Guide" and "Wiring Diagram Help" documents listed at the lower-left of that page. Then use the menu on the left to navigate to your coach's diagrams. Once there, you will find the "1999 Chieftain/Sunflyer L34Y Wiring Diagram Book." The diagram with the fog lamps is the "Auto Lamps Wiring Diagram." To trace the circuit completely you also need the "Automotive Wiring Diagram" and the "Body, 12 Volt Wiring Diagram."

The coach side of the wiring is similar whether your chassis is Chevy or Ford.

It's wise not to cut wires to diagnose a problem.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks Mark great info and a good place to start. I'll review the wiring diagram on our way home tomorrow while DW is driving, if I can pry my fingers out of the dash
ussnewco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussnewco View Post
Hi everyone, I'm looking for assistance with my fog lights. I've replaced the broken OEM with LED but I'm not getting power. I've checked the fuses in the engine compartment and they are good, didn't know which one so I checked all of them, I've checked continuity between left and right side, it's good. Am I missing a fuse somewhere else? My next move is to cut off the terminals and check for power, help me obituary wan
ussnewco,
At the risk of sounding incredibly stupid here, I'm presupposing you know that about 99.9% of the vehicles that are factory equipped with FOG lights, only operate on low beam. If by chance, you're on high beam, that may be your problem. But, if yours operate differently than what I just described, then forget all this.
And, I'm assuming your fogs were working with the regular incandescent bulbs, correct? And, you don't say whether or not when you changed to an LED, that you changed just a bulb or, an entire light assembly. Yes, in certain circumstances, LED bulb replacements are polarity sensitive. If it doesn't work, you flip it around and re-insert it. That's all based on the ability TO flip it. Keep us informed as to your remedy.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights