RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2019, 06:17 AM   #15

I'm a member of that board on Facebook and there a bunch of posts about adding water to the batteries. I have a 36G Solei which is the same as the Forza 36G and have the same setup for batteries as the 34T. Here's one of the posts:

" You have to remove them to add water. The openings are under the sticker. Just take a picture of the cables to make sure you reattach properly. Make sure you shut batteries off (I shut off at inverter and coach batteries switch inside door panel) and disconnect all negative posts first. When disconnecting positive cables make sure main cable does not touch metal when loose. We full time and I find I need to add a small amount of distilled water every 45 - 60 days. You can replace with "true" maintenance free batteries (I think they're called AGM) but they cost substantially more. Once you've done it, its really not that big of a deal. Takes me about 30-45 minutes and I typically clean out the storage bay at the same time."

I ended up replacing mine with AGM batteries so I don't have to add water. When your batteries age out and need to be replaced, you may want to consider AGM. More expensive but way less pain to maintain.

You may want to join Facebook just to have access to that group. They have over 500 people with the same RV and you can learn a lot. It's saved me a lot of money with easy fixes.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #16

Here's what we Forza owners are talking about. In my case, any watering system - manual or automatic - will be tough due to cable routing, which is obstructing some of the caps. I haven't looked at water levels since I picked up my coach in October and guess I'll be disconnecting everything and yanking the four of them out to water them. Ugh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1103.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	314.7 KB
ID:	241873   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1101.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	241874  

Old 04-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #17

Well, I guess we can wrap this puppy up. Forza owners concur in order to properly set the water levels in all cells the batteries need to come out. Secondly, future replacement with AGM's require no watering.

Thanks to Bob "rdchildr" for responding to my request for a Forza facebook member to provide that groups consensus and to "khocke" for the picture showing the tight constraints involved.

With replacement shoulders, knees and surgically modified wrists my upper body and grip strength is limited. Looking into an inexpensive bore scope to possibly service insitu. If it works I'll let everyone know.

Thanks everybody, John
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I got a spray bottle from home Depot and added a length of surgical tubing. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190329_093807.jpeg
Views:	14
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	242214

2007 Forest River Lexington Ford E450 Chassis
bruceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #19

"bruceh" that's a good suggestion. however, since you can't see the needed water level in the rearward cells, whether being too high or low, it doesn't help. Thanks for your suggestion.

TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, house batteries, water