Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-20-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Forza 34T experience after 6500 mls.

We use our RV for holiday trips over 4-6 weeks. After we've rented RVs over years (mostly a Fleetwood Gas Class A product), we decided to buy our own, instead of spending 12’000$ for 4 weeks. Early 2013 we purchased a Palazzo 36.1 and it was honestly said: a horror-show of bad quality. So we changed this year to a Winnebago Forza 34T and now I read that several Forza/Solei owners had big problems with their rig, they even call it a junk.

Even we did not have problems with the Forza, I remember those disappointing issues with the Thor product and there are questions about the meaning of the word "quality" and the sense of the RVIA seal if this standard is so lousy and poor. If I invest my years’ salary or more in a RV I want it perfect and absolutely no issues for 5 years and 50’000mls minimum! Car manufacturers produce such quality as standard, I have to fulfill high standards every day at my work in the medtech business, why not RV producers?

The Winnebago Forza 34T looks more reliable and high class than the Palazzo and it is. After long holidays (6500mls driven) I will tell you my impression about the Forza 34T:

First of all: There was not one technical issue to solve on the Forza (comparing to the Palazzo where we started our first morning with problems with the slides). The Forza drives smooth and great, enough power (ok, 400hp would be better) and we’ve done a little bit more than 11mpg on average (no towing). The DEF-tank is on the driver’s side so it’s easy to fill it up at the pump without making a bit tour around the gas station. There are five things I personally would change:

· The jacks not really made for camping in a State Park dry-camping-spot which is not level and paved. Nevertheless it was always possible to level the rig somehow, but Winnebago should work on it.

· An extra monitor for the rear- & side-view cameras would be more secure, this multifunctional thing in the middle is too small and the visibility is low, especially when the son is trying to create a connection with his mother’s iPhone….

· The in-table is a great idea even those legs need an engineered improvement for taller people sitting alongside the table. And you do good if you put some 40 pounds of lead into it to get a better stability.

· There should be both: a LPG and electrical water heater (guess that this point is solved now on the 2015 model).

· Concerning the noise of the AC, I tell you that we never use it, even it's a hundred outside. If it’s really hot and a more than one person is inside, the AC is not able to cool the rig down. The vents are doing a much better job. Open one window a little bit and put the vent on level 1. No noise and a small cooling breeze! There should be an additional Fan-Tastic vent above the bed and perhaps another one just behind the cab.

Mostly we look for nice spots in State Parks and we don't mind to dry camp over one or two weeks. I can say that the Forza 34T is great for dry camping (if the spot is level…). The Forza 34T has the right size for State or National Parks, no worries about a ranger with a foot rule who’s telling you that your vehicle is too long for the 35’ spot which you reserved half a year ago.
We’ve installed two extra house-batteries (this is previewed!) and flexible solar-panels on the roof, the generator runs only for the washer/dryer and dishwasher (this dishwasher feature is luxury but if you have one, you will never miss it). Fridge & freezer are doing their job well and the independence of LPG is great (no more troubles with a non-working piezo-ignition above 5000ft). As well as the studio-loft-bed is a great feature, even we need to buy a small ladder to get on to it. This bed is not made for small children under four and you should spend the money for a memory foam mattress. As well we replaced the queen-bed air-mattress by a bico-flex plate carrier with a memory foam mattress. The bath is quite small, but not too small. The Forza offer enough storage space to store four folding bicycles and everything a family need. The quality of the furniture is good; everything is clean and well done. I’m not a big fan of Ultraleather (if leather, please genuine) especially on the driver’s seat (sweat too much on long trips). But it’s easy cleaning and with children this is an advantage.

All in all we’ve spent great days on the roads and campgrounds with our Winnebago Forza 34T. It’s a clean, nice designed, spacious RV. Hope that those owners with problems could get one like ours.
cj_calva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Glad you like your Forza. We do too... Even with a few issues. Might want to come join the group on Facebook. See link in my sig.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Very nice write up on your experiences with the Forza. Should be helpful to anyone considering buying one.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Glad to hear you enjoy your Forza. We are also enjoying ours.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We are really enjoying ours as well! The facebook group is a wonderful source of information as well!!
Old 01-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info CJ. I'd love to read more success stories of anyone has them to share. We are currently shopping.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the write-up. As we begin our search for a new unit, the Forza 34T is on our short list.
Ridemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Ctaurie

How did you make a group on FB?
Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the in-depth reporting of your experiences! We are looking at a Forza and appreciate the honest insite!
Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 AM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Hi,

We just signed for our new Solei 34T yesterday. sitting at home vegging after such a important decision. write ups like this really helped and eased my stress, allowing for a better informed decision. we take delivery this friday and immediately head to an rv park.

Please keep the conversation going to assist us in common issues, things to look for etc.

Thanks

Steve
Sfretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Steve,

Congrats on doing the deal. Check out the Facebook Group we have set up for Forza/Solei owners. Lots of good info from current owners there. Link to the group is in my signature.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Tom,

You can just go on to your account via Facebook. Click on GROUPS in the left margin. Then you will see a green button at top right of page to CREATE A NEW GROUP.
Old 03-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

OK. What are the approximate dimensions of the storage that is under the bed in the 34T? How tall of a box can you store under there?
Old 03-12-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
Winnebago Watcher

Great info!
Winnebagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 12:14 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

@Gormleys
Sorry I can't tell it now. Actually the RV is stored in California and I'm in Norway/Europe. Better you ask a dealer. What I can say is that it's a 60x80 queen bed "as usual". Due to the mattress controls, engine-access etc. there are some limits but it's hard to say from here. You have to wait until end of May.... then I take the measurments for you.
cj_calva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #16
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for sharing your experience. I just looked at the Forza 34T today after looking around all day they led me to a winnebago and never thought I would like them. Ive been looking at 40ft Rvs because they have everything I want. But I can say the floorpan on the 34T did too and it's a bonus because now I can fit in more state parks if I get the 34T instead.

Did you have to upgrade or add more house batteries? How long can you dry camp with the residential fridge and not run the generator since you have solar.
jimmy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Well we finally got our 34T. We did not get the air bed option, so access to the storage under the bed is manual. I tried to add hydraulic lifts, but though the board that the mattress lays on looks like solid plywood, it is hollow. As Winnebago also steals the first foot or so of the storage for electrical, finding hydraulics that work seem to be problematic.

Does anyone have the 34T with the air bed that can check what hydraulics are used?