Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2017, 11:09 AM   #1

Frame Repair

Hello
I have a 2002 Winnebago Journey 36 DL DP
It is powered by a Caterpillar 330 hp , 860 ft pds of torque with an Allison 6 speed 3000 series, it is on a Freightliner Custom XL Chassis.
this morning, while placing my wheel covers on, I noticed a broken coach mount in the right rear wheel well. Not sure how this broke, but obviously it is on my priority list.

My question is related to a note in the my Coach data / information, not to weld on the frame unless the Allison transmission ECM (Electronic Control Module) is completed isolated, I don't have access to a shop pit, but while crawling around under the coach I could not see a box or what would resemble an electronic control box.

Any help locating the device is appreciated
Thanks
Dale
Dale Petrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2017, 11:10 PM   #2

Mine is in the engine bay , passenger side , Allison logo.
What I can't say is if this is a Freightliner located module of if Newmar placed it there. I don't have a bedroom slide , so it's right under the bed. Wiring harness has enough extra length for it to be moved several feet.
Yellow circle is a box that contains relays and fuses, red circle is exhaust brake relay , Allison module is the one in the center , left is Freightline VDC ( Vehicle Data Center )

BTW; Dale , if you click the "Quick links " drop box , under your welcome message, beside the Google search box. Then , click " Edit Signature " and type in your coach info , then click " Save Signature " at the bottom of the page. All the info will automatically appear under all your posts and you don't have to type it in every time.
As mine does below the line at the bottom of this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0242 (640x360).jpg
Views:	61
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	169894  

Tags
frame, repair